Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Disklok

M

Meanbean44

VIP Member
Hi,

So our Cali has finally arrived and we are eagerly awaiting a collection date, I'm now working on insurance and theft protection. Does anyone know the correct size of Disklok to buy?

Many thanks
Ian

ours is small 39cm it says on the label, as it fits the car it goes on whichever is not in the garage

Does anyone know if a disklok will fit over a multi-function steering wheel on a T6 Ocean? My van is due to be built soon and I have the hope that I will be able to keep it for at least as long as I have been waiting for it

The one I have was small 35-38.9. The steering wheel diameter is 38cm. I brought the case and steering wheel sock as well. Don't forget to buy the spare wheel lock from this site as apparently they go missing. At around £50 its expensive but cheaper than buying a new spare.

The one I have was small 35-38.9. The steering wheel diameter is 38cm. I brought the case and steering wheel sock as well. Don't forget to buy the spare wheel lock from this site as apparently they go missing. At around £50 its expensive but cheaper than buying a new spare.
Thanks once again. I was planning to get both a spare wheel lock and an old steel rim with a barely legal part worn tyre to give maximum disappointment to any miserable bar-steward who saws his way through the lock! (The original will be kept in the garage for the benefit of good old-fashioned burglars with extra large swag bags).

Thanks once again. I was planning to get both a spare wheel lock and an old steel rim with a barely legal part worn tyre to give maximum disappointment to any miserable bar-steward who saws his way through the lock! (The original will be kept in the garage for the benefit of good old-fashioned burglars with extra large swag bags).

Looking Amazon they appear to supply a LHD version. Where's the cheapest place to buy?

Was sat in the Cali this lunchtime contemplating, as you do, and I wondered why "we" don't use the old faithful 'Crook Lock' to hold the brake peddle up to the steering wheel?

I use the Bearlock very handy , takes two sec. to engage but the best is you make it a habbit and you lock it each time you pull the keys out the contact.
Who puts steeringwheel lock , pedal lock ,....on each time they leave the verhicle?
Probally noboby , with a Bearlock mounted your verhicle has a extra undetacheble lock on in two sec.
I think it is well worth the money!
My post
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/bearlock-installed.4860/

I use the Bearlock very handy , takes two sec. to engage but the best is you make it a habbit and you lock it each time you pull the keys out the contact.
Who puts steeringwheel lock , pedal lock ,....on each time they leave the verhicle?
Probally noboby , with a Bearlock mounted your verhicle has a extra undetacheble lock on in two sec.
My post

Looks to be a great product but not available in the UK. We had something similar years ago but it was a huge metal thing that would lock a manual stick !

I think there are places in the UK who fitts them , we had this discussoin once so i belive .( could be wrong doh;))

If not , a reason to visit the Netherlands and CCN in Amersfoort , they fit it while you wait if you make a appointment.

Was sat in the Cali this lunchtime contemplating, as you do, and I wondered why "we" don't use the old faithful 'Crook Lock' to hold the brake peddle up to the steering wheel?

Very easy to bend the steering wheel out of the way and you can cut through the steering with a decent pair of cutters so a crook lok is waste of time and money.
Look on you tube and see how easy it is to take a crook lok off.

My post

Does the Bearlock fit right hand drive Calis?

I would not see why not , is there anything diffrent on the LHD gearstick than RHD?
Then i mean the mecanical parts under the trim becouse thats where it attaches to....don't think VW has two diffrent set ups for that

My post
I agree and I am also doing a home made version of this.

re the crook lock, I was just bottoming out my thoughts on the matter and @snowy55 nailed it on the head really.

All agree on the above showed locks , but tel me honest , do you put it on every time you leave the verhicle ? And i do mean every time .....

I know the answer for you , it's a no.

Have had all sorts steering , gearshift,and pedallocks on previous cars you only effort to put them on when you leave your verhicle behind knowing you won't be back in a few hours.
There are all pretty easy to fit , but it just takes that xtra bit of effort to put it on , thats where the disign fails....

With a Bearlock fitted i put my DSG in P , turn engine off pull out keys from contact , reach 30cm under the gearstick and twist and pull the key that locks the Bearlock .

It takes 2sec. to engage and i do it each time i park my Cali even just poping in the "boulanger" or go and pay at the gasstation , shopping at the supermarket ....even in my own garage parked up it is engaged.
Whats the use of having a xtra safetytool as it just sits under the driversseat or in the doorpocket?

Looks easy enough to make in stainless tbh.
Agreed. Just needs to be the correct dimensions. Really useful on the DSG as you cannot start without engaging foot brake.

I'd certainly be interested in something of that nature.