Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Do awning suction limpets do a good job and do they mark the paintwork?

A

ALTYGEZZER555

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, I have a new Ocean and have just ordered a Kampa awning. I just want to ask if the connecting Suction Limpets are the best method and if not what better alternative fixing methods are out there? I also ask if Limpets mark the paintwork as I noted a ratings comment against this type of product that they do leave a mark?

They don’t leave marks but are not probably your best option if you have a coast what side of the van are you wanting to attach the awning and do you have a wind out awning fitted?

They don’t leave marks but are not probably your best option if you have a coast what side of the van are you wanting to attach the awning and do you have a wind out awning fitted?
Hi, I intend to attach the awning on the drivers side (over the sliding door)

Just use a 6mm x 6mm drive away kit

I do have a standard wind out awning!

Just use a 6mm x 6mm drive away kit
Hi Calikev, yeah I've ordered a 6mm x 6mm connection set but it's where the tunnel material meets the van sides that I am unsure about. Kampa provide holes to take limpets but I have heard that they can leave marks on the paintwork so I am wondering what fixing alternatives are out there? I would be grateful to hear what you would recommend?

There should be a kador strip sewn into the awning tunnel slide that into 1 side of the figure 8 then slide the 6mm kador into the other side of the figure 8 you should be left with a strip of 6mm kador that will slide into the front channel on your wind out awning. Please note the awning channel on the Thule awning is under the front edge.

There should be a kador strip sewn into the awning tunnel slide that into 1 side of the figure 8 then slide the 6mm kador into the other side of the figure 8 you should be left with a strip of 6mm kador that will slide into the front channel on your wind out awning. Please note the awning channel on the Thule awning is under the front edge.
Ah that's great thanks I will give that a go!