Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Do you really need seat covers?

Those blankets not only do the protection job, but look bright and cheerful, washable and a lot cheaper than fitted covers that can still get stained and need cleaning. Result!
Look great but not waterproof, so the van seat fabric will eventually develop that lovely damp dog smell!…all dog owners are immune to ‘that smell’.

Look great but not waterproof, so the van seat fabric will eventually develop that lovely damp dog smell!…all dog owners are immune to ‘that smell’.
Are you saying my van smells?! Outrageous!! [laughing emoji] . A set of tight fitting Inka waterproof covers underneath may be the answer.

kids aside, one of the reasons I got covers was because the original seats (black titanium) looked a bit dull so I went for the blue striped ones which I think was an option on on the Cali beach at some point.

kids aside, one of the reasons I got covers was because the original seats (black titanium) looked a bit dull so I went for the blue striped ones which I think was an option on on the Cali beach at some point.
We have the blue striped seats (under the dull grey Inka covers!)

Hi.

I have read a lot of posts on the various options for seat covers.

We have a 2023 Cali Coast with fabric seats. Does everyone buy seat covers ( Brandrup are now £600) or is it good enough to rely on spraying the fabric and cleaning them regularly, if you are careful?

Thoughts please
I have 2023 Cali Ocean and have just splashed out on Jackyards seat covers. I figured that the van cost so much and I want to keep it clean. We have two dogs as well so I like the fact I can just whip the covers off and put them into the washing machine. The covers were expensive but worth it. They are really well made and beautiful design and range of colours. I went for denim with the logos in silver.

IMG_1536.jpeg

IMG_2997.jpeg

I have 2023 Cali Ocean and have just splashed out on Jackyards seat covers. I figured that the van cost so much and I want to keep it clean. We have two dogs as well so I like the fact I can just whip the covers off and put them into the washing machine. The covers were expensive but worth it. They are really well made and beautiful design and range of colours. I went for denim with the logos in silver.

View attachment 107897

View attachment 107898
These look awesome ! Thanks for the post ❤️❤️

We went with the 'premium luxury' pleather covers from the Club Shop - half the price of leather, and looks/feels just as good

View attachment 107774
Looking good. I’ve recently fitted them to my Beach and they’ve transformed the interior. I’ve also got the Werther’s Originals in the passenger side door - essential accessory.

this thread is killing me, could you all just stop please. i've got a new beach, and each post i read convinces me completely of that opinion. could you all just reach a consensus and let me know the conclusion?

View attachment 107897

View attachment 107898
HI, how long does it take to take these covers on and off?

this thread is killing me, could you all just stop please. i've got a new beach, and each post i read convinces me completely of that opinion. could you all just reach a consensus and let me know the conclusion?
The answer to the original question " Do you really need seatcovers? " is NO., but you can if you wish.

Our 13 year old son threw up in the back of our other car on the way back from Heathrow after a long haul flight (he has never been car sick before!). After an emergency stop at the services to get holiday towels out of of the boot & buy some wetwipes...Once home we had to remove the rear seat assembly to properly clear up the mess up and get rid of the lingering smell...If it had Inka's fitted it would have just been a case of removing the covers, hosing them down quickly then into the washing machine + scrubbing the floor mats.

Based on above experience, seat covers are a good idea!

I think these would be pretty amazing (formally seatskinz) https://individualautodesign.co.uk/product/alcantara-0002/

They will make them bespoke for any California. Looks to be around the same price as the leather look caliclub ones.

ALCANTARA%C2%AE-0002-600x1083.png

They will make pretty much any design you like. I think they may be the producers of the calishop ones actually. Example:

They make and send them to you to put on.
66531459_2335854843164095_714799935215632384_n.jpg

Last edited:
Haha! Look at them! What an animal.

I think these would be pretty amazing (formally seatskinz) https://individualautodesign.co.uk/product/alcantara-0002/

They will make them bespoke for any California. Looks to be around the same price as the leather look caliclub ones.

ALCANTARA%C2%AE-0002-600x1083.png

Have been chatting to them about making some covers for my Cali Ocean that’s on order but they’re pretty insistant on getting these photos from me first and I obviously can’t oblige yet. They must have the template already, right?!

Attachments

• NEW Photo Guide.pdf
    799.1 KB · Views: 16
4 years with a Beach, 4 years with covers. When we sold it 3 weeks ago we took the covers off, original upholstery on seats was as new. Each to their own it will always be seat covers for us.

Have been chatting to them about making some covers for my Cali Ocean that’s on order but they’re pretty insistant on getting these photos from me first and I obviously can’t oblige yet. They must have the template already, right?!
I suspect they have been stung with slightly different models, permutations etc we may not even be aware of. I would be pleased they are doing things properly.

Back