Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Do you really need seat covers?

We don't. Seats currently look a bit dodgy but if we want them to look A1 then we'll pay a valet to sort them out. Cheaper than seat covers!

Which spray protect
Spray protection, couple of times, and no problem 6 years on but no extreme use.

Went with the theory that I'd put new covers on when selling if seat appearance justified a 'cover up'.

Years ago I put covers on a cars seats and found that the cover material had worn the original seat cover material so never repeated the seat cover route. Dirt and grime had gone through the covers over time and was unseen.
Which spray proetction do you use?

Which spray protect

Which spray proetction do you use?
Autoglym Lifeshine Interior.

A Dealer only product but available on EBAY.

example source

Q. Do you cover your settee or armchairs at home?
We don’t, and likewise the California. Autoglym Interior Shampoo and a damp cloth has served us well over 8 yrs.
We get water stains easily removed with a damp cloth and we use ours all year round.

Obviously if you have specific requirements for a waterproof cover due to pets then cheap waterproof covers can be useful or just a blanket.
Autoglym interior shampoo , brilliant stuff .. then once over with autoglym autofresh for a nice smell

Turtle Covers in white camo in the front. Excellent. Lovely company to deal with.

Random collection in the back as 3 dogs & me, who is gifted at causing damage.

Good old wool tartan rug, been in the family many decades. Loose on the back seat. Protects enough when cooking and multiple other uses too, e.g. picnicking on dry grass, lying on the beach, unfolds to a bigger size to protect flattened bench seat when carrying timber, gives warmth in colder weather, gives privacy by draping over front seats. Shakes clean.

Thank you for your replies. It is only the two of us so I think I’ll just go with being careful and the Autoglym shampoo and see how that goes for now.
When it was just the 2 of us we didn’t have seat covers although we have always had a blanket on the back seat as it is next to the fridge and cooker in our SE (Ocean) so higher risk of spills

I bought some good as new inka covers from a lovely forum reader when the dog joined us and they are worth their weight in gold.

Hi.

I have read a lot of posts on the various options for seat covers.

We have a 2023 Cali Coast with fabric seats. Does everyone buy seat covers ( Brandrup are now £600) or is it good enough to rely on spraying the fabric and cleaning them regularly, if you are careful?

Thoughts please
Hi,
Before we bought our own T6.1 Ocean, we went on holiday with a rental Cali several times. When we returned the car, there were always stains on the seat next to the kitchen bloc where you cook. The rental company told us they use an industrial steaming machine to clean the seats. That's why we decided to buy the Brandrup seat covers for our own Cali.
Advantages:
- They look exactly like the original seats, you hardly see the difference when they are installed.
- You can remove them and put them in the washing machine.
Disadvantage:
- Installing them takes some time.
- Buying them is an added cost to your investment.

I’m Hi.

We have a 2023 Cali Coast with fabric seats. Does everyone buy seat covers ( Brandrup are now £600) or is it good enough to rely on spraying the fabric and cleaning them regularly, if you are careful?

Thoughts please

I have been debating getting seat covers but cannot justify it unless replacement leather covers.
What is the point of adding something not as nice as the original? Either option they get dirty and you have to clean them. Maybe the origonal covers perhaps get preserved better (for the next owner!) - but thats it.
I have a simple purchased dog cover for the rear seat to stop damage (it would also act as a protection for the kitchen - if needed).
So unless paying £1400 for replacement leater covers I am sticking with cleaning - very effective & simple with a nice result.

If you can afford it I would get them - we have a dog and 2 children. Having used them from month 2 of ownership, because month 1 was so difficult keeping the seats clean!

When we replace the van we agreed that the first purchases would be seat covers and the internal isofix liner.

Our T5 is now 11 years old. We bought Brandrup covers almost immediatel.y.
They match the existing seat covers, so you cannot tell that we have them, They keep the original covers in mint condition ready for the sad day when we have to sell.
They make provision For the airbags
And they can be pulled off and washed relatively easily And show very little wear

We think they were a good buy and pleased we got them.

I have been debating getting seat covers but cannot justify it unless replacement leather covers.
What is the point of adding something not as nice as the original? Either option they get dirty and you have to clean them. Maybe the origonal covers perhaps get preserved better (for the next owner!) - but thats it.
I have a simple purchased dog cover for the rear seat to stop damage (it would also act as a protection for the kitchen - if needed).
So unless paying £1400 for replacement leater covers I am sticking with cleaning - very effective & simple with a nice result.
We went with the 'premium luxury' pleather covers from the Club Shop - half the price of leather, and looks/feels just as good

20230324_111014.jpg

Hi.

Thoughts please
Have had Brandrup covers on T5 and T6 for 6 years each. Seats like new when taken off to sell. Sold the covers for two thirds of what I paid for them. Stick them in the washing machine and they come up like nearly new. No watermarks if you dry them outside on a cloths horse. Problem is if you don’t fit them from day one you not really getting the benefit of like new seats when you sell. They are exactly the same material as the original and fit tightly, At £200 (after resale) for the peace of mind, easy cleaning and like new at resale, a bargain!

Look nice, were they hard to fit?
Took me about 4 hours on my own in total, but well worth the effort - probably be a bit quicker with assistance. You get a tool with the covers for a socket wrench to remove the arms - a set of trim pullers (about a tenner from Amazon) will also help. We previously had the VW waterproof covers (we have a dog) but I was never happy with how they looked/felt - these have made a huge difference. My mate runs a conversion company and reckons they look as good as a professional re-trim - and he is a really fussy bugger!

No, of course you don't need seat covers, mattress protectors, over mats, a canvas roof bungee, a Spare Safe, a surf key, a Ghost or any number of other accessories.

However, if you have kids, dogs, believd in Sods Law or are highly likely to get severely hacked off if some low life steels your spare or even your van, then perhaps you do.

I've had Brandup covers in Moonrock Grey on my 2018 Ocean since new, recently machine washed the covers, they look brand new and the original fabric underneath is pristine. No regrets about forking out the Brandrup price and would do it again.

When it was just the 2 of us we didn’t have seat covers although we have always had a blanket on the back seat as it is next to the fridge and cooker in our SE (Ocean) so higher risk of spills

I bought some good as new inka covers from a lovely forum reader when the dog joined us and they are worth their weight in gold.
Are the Inka seat covers compatible with the airbag?

Are the Inka seat covers compatible with the ocean t6 and the airbag?
Yes

Scotchguard the original seats. Have kitchen roll handy if you're a red wine drinker. Otherwise most other mark's can be easily removed with available cleaning products. Save a load of money, and enjoy the cloth seats, rather than sticky plastic covers. Of course, maybe different if you're got a dog.

Scotchguard the original seats. Have kitchen roll handy if you're a red wine drinker. Otherwise most other mark's can be easily removed with available cleaning products. Save a load of money, and enjoy the cloth seats, rather than sticky plastic covers. Of course, maybe different if you're got a dog.
4C8E5D19-206D-47FB-B57A-0F3AF25A55C0.jpeg
This mucky pup will always need covers!

Back