Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup seat covers and fabric storage units.

zennorboy

zennorboy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Apologies if this information is elsewhere on the forum (I did try to find it).

California Westfalia Event 2002

Advice please on Brandrup fabric accessories...can they be washed, or must it all be dry-cleaned. I have front and rear 'step by step' design seat covers and various storage units. There was a very small note on the Brandrup site regarding cleaning, but this only referred to a mild detergent/warm wash for the seat covers (I think).

Has anyone chuked the whole lot in a washing machine?

Zennorboy (Trevor)

Hi,
Possibly this is the same info that you have found on the site, but the instructions that come with the sets say all Brandrup seat covers can be cleaned with dry foam or by hand.

It then continues with the following which is less clear…
All covers that are not made of double coated special canvas can even be washed in the washing machine (up to 30 C with mild detergent, program for wool). Spin dry only short.
The protective cover made from canvas is cleaned with a damp sponge and mild detergent or car shampoo only; dry with a cloth; never wash in the washing machine!

Sorry I’ve only just got mine (hence instructions to hand) so haven’t tried washing, but I’m sure someone will comment on their experience of washing them.

Calikev said:
I washed my Brandrup seat covers on a 40 degree wash no problem at all :thumb

Me too + 30 degrees. Came out just as before, but cleaner.

Just thought I would chuck this in .....I have a new set of second skin ...I tested the cover for the head restraint with red wine! It soaked in and went to the next layer. Chucked this item in a 15min wash and came out perfect. I can now drink happily ......mmmm.
I would say that if you did have an accident ..in my opinion it would be best to remove the cover soonest and clean. Do not try to rub the area. Malc

Belated thanks everyone for the advice. For future reference, and following advice posted, we put the seat covers and storage pocket thingys in the washing machine and they came out like new. Excellent...thanks.

Back