Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does any one know why ?

I too have made statements like that before it actually happened. If I gave up because of problems like that I wouldn't have a life any more!
If I can't get in and out of the Campervan, I certainly won't be able to get into and out of a Motorhome, so I wouldn't be able to drive so I would have to do something different. What I do not plan on doing is having a vehicle with the toilet in the kitchen.:eek:
Even in the old days, well not so old actually, houses had outside loos or a solid door between loo and kitchen if you were posh.:D

For a different design from the Joker with loo, shower, and a drop down double bed there is also the monocoque Micros from Wingamm based on the short wheelbase T6. It's 5.3m long so same overall length as a LWB but with shorter wheelbase. As GJ notes - it's really horses for courses - every design has different advantages/disadvantages.

https://www.practicalmotorhome.com/reviews/motorhome/43203-wingamm-micros-plus

Having visited the Caravan show at the SEC yesterday I noted the prices Kepler6 £67K Wingamm £77K and most of the other conversions all built on the Kombi or Transporter chassis. No more complaining about the cost of an Ocean - a bargain!

The increased floor space would be in the middle of the vehicle freeing up the living area, not the boot area. So a slightly narrower rear cupboard area to incorporate a slightly wider bed would be nice. The extra length could be used to incorporate the lost cupboard volume.

The SWB is a neat/together package, the LWB looks odd/stretched. The converters do offer them but their rarity in the second hand market tells a tale.
People keep them or there are few available?