Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop up roof covers

A

andys495

VIP Member
I have a 56' plate Cali. Does anybody know if a Vanorak or Khyam, rather than a Mutze would fit the roof on a model pre 2007? I have previously been advised that the angle of the roof is different on older models hence why any cover other than a Mutze won't fit. Unfortunately the Mutze appears to be considerably more expensive then the others.

Hi Andy,

You are correct in that the pop up roof is a few cm's taller on the later Cali's from 2008 onwards.

You can tell by the side window shape as on the later Cali's the bottom edge of the window is parallel with the roof and of course it has the extra window on the front.

As regards the Mutze they do still make them for the Older smaller pre 2008 roof. I don't know about Vanorack but I would guess they do the same. The Khyam Kampa Cozi is one size only for the larger later roofs.

My guess is that you would be able to fit a later cover on your 2007 Cali but the issue may be it being a bit loose and flapping around a bit if there is any wind.

I guess the best thing to do is borrow someone's to try before you commit to buying one.

Let us know how you get on.

John