Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

does your floor flex too much ?

M

macmobile

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All

Anyone noticed this in the T6.1 ocean where the carpet in the front meets the vinyl in the rear between the two captains chairs? I had a T6 (2019) before this oneand i am sure that it didn't in that.

thanks

Hi All

Anyone noticed this in the T6.1 ocean where the carpet in the front meets the vinyl in the rear between the two captains chairs? I had a T6 (2019) before this oneand i am sure that it didn't in that.

thanks
Normal

+1

Common issue.

As a first poster be worth checking search and you’ll find the answer to a lot of common questions very quickly.

Try awning clips - likely to be your next question ;)

Last edited:
A quick search for "soft floor" "spongy floor" or even just "floor" and there are plenty of us saying its the same in our vans. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

There is a significant wiring loom between the 2 front seat boxes. A thick foam/wadding block with channels cut into the underside for the wiring loom protects it.

We’ve got a storage tray on the squidgy bit to avoiding standing there. I know why it’s soft, but it still doesn’t make it feel right!

Hi All

thanks
Yes, we have a T5.1 which we've had converted.

Prior to this I noticed the floor between the front captain seats was 'spongy' when walked on then one day, I heard a crack. It was as if the floor had given way and not a great feeling.

During the conversion we had some additional support placed under the rubber floor to fix it. It's much stronger now but I wouldn't expect to have to do that on such an expensive vehicle.

The flexing of the floor covering between the seats is very unlikely to be any problem, as above it is because there is a channel in the under floor to provide space for wing looms. However the design is such that there is sufficient protection for the roughest use by people passing through the gap.

Back