Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Doohh, anyone stupid enough to do this!

Bingley bong only sounds when power is being supplied. So if van end plugged in and supply end not plugged in, no alarm. If both ends plugged in but supply not switched on or cb's tripped, no alarm. Mmmm....wonder how I know ?
Probaly if the inverter is working , so 200v is incoming the signal goes....
Never heard it or had that problem , have to test it next time so know if it works on mine.

I always remember to unplug the van, but usually forget to clip the cover down,

so it waves at passers-by as we drive along.

Alan

I always pride myself on being ever so meticulous.

Part lower the roof, get out, walk around, completely lower roof, get out, walk around, unplug electric, coil cable up, place cable in boot, get back in car and smugly drive off .....

Then stop 200 yards down the road to pick up all the stuff fallen out of the back before closing tailgate :oops:

Rich-s I was looking for a picture I knew I had somewhere, of the area around the campsite many years ago. I think it was in the 1920s or 30s, certainly before the last war as a lot of damage was done around here.
View attachment 10487
You can see The Cottage pub next to the tug to the lower right of the harbour. The camp site is just next to it where the dark coloured warehouses are in the picture.
Where the houses across the water in your very nice picture are was a sand wharf which was still operating until the late 1980s to early 90s. Simon

We have a flat just beside the SS Great Britain car park. Difficult to see, but that would be up on the top right corner, as the floating harbour head towards the city centre, if I am not mistaken.

Alan

We have a flat just beside the SS Great Britain car park. Difficult to see, but that would be up on the top right corner, as the floating harbour head towards the city centre, if I am not mistaken.

Alan

That's about the right place I think. There is a slightly lighter line going from the middle of the photo at the top at 45 degrees to the right border where it was folded at some time. The big building it passes looks like the warehouse in red brick by the entrance to the SS Great Britain car park.
Would you like a panorama that a neighbour gave me? It was taken from Brandon Hill looking up Jacobs Well Road then panning along Hotwell Road before the big flats were built on the roundabout. Then across the docks and finishing up just after the dock where the SS Great Britain is now berthed. It consists of 6-8 pictures stuck together to form the panorama.
I'd have to send it via a PM. Simon

That looks a little expensive, the whole post will need replacing.

Fortunatley I can buy new skins. But there is still the labour involved in transferring all the sockets and flap over to the new one.

That's about the right place I think. There is a slightly lighter line going from the middle of the photo at the top at 45 degrees to the right border where it was folded at some time. The big building it passes looks like the warehouse in red brick by the entrance to the SS Great Britain car park.
Would you like a panorama that a neighbour gave me? It was taken from Brandon Hill looking up Jacobs Well Road then panning along Hotwell Road before the big flats were built on the roundabout. Then across the docks and finishing up just after the dock where the SS Great Britain is now berthed. It consists of 6-8 pictures stuck together to form the panorama.
I'd have to send it via a PM. Simon

Hi Simon,
Yes that would be good to see. You can email it if that is easier alan@alancridford.com

Thanks

Alan

It's like a strange out of body experience reading this post :rolleyes:

Driver Walkaround checks. Now there's a great idea! I can't believe I haven't thought of that one.....I work in transport and preach this daily! Even Chris Evans was chuntering about them on his show yesterday. He's taking his bus driving test and they have Walkaround checks to learn too.
Maybe someone should come up with a VW Walkaround check card....?!:confused:

A couple of weeks ago I was returning from my walk on the coastal footpath in Pembrokeshire
As my van came into view in the car par, I had to rub my eyes :Nailbiting ......the tailgate was open!!!
I had left it open for 4 hours :headbang ......lucky enough nothing had gone missing
A trusting lot the Welsh :)

Alan

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa.../310146/hgv-driver-daily-walkaround-check.pdf

Think it could fit on a credit card for a VW....but could list other checks on the other side....and tie it to steering wheel when stopped.....

I'm going to add that to my winter projects....!!:bananadance

Me being serious for once, Always a good discipline. The stuff I leave on the ground behind the van when packing up, in my old caravan days waste buckets under the sink drain (or in the case of the Cali a waste bucket underneath the waste tank drain), tailgate open, tailgate blind still in place, anything trapped in the pop-up roof,

to walk round takes two minute compared to hours spent digging buckets out of the ground, picking up stuff ejected by a still-open tail gate,etc

Me being serious for once, Always a good discipline. The stuff I leave on the ground behind the van when packing up, in my old caravan days waste buckets under the sink drain (or in the case of the Cali a waste bucket underneath the waste tank drain), tailgate open, tailgate blind still in place, anything trapped in the pop-up roof,

to walk round takes two minute compared to hours spent digging buckets out of the ground, picking up stuff ejected by a still-open tail gate,etc
Oh yeah, we hate the back blind down thing :embarrased