Downstairs mattress needed

Kimg

Kimg

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all me again!
So stupidly I’ve only just noticed that half the downstairs mattress is missing!?
Can anyone point me in the right direction to buying a new one for reasonable money?

Also when pulling the back seats forward they are very stiff on the runners… would a bit of wd40 do the trick??

Thanks in advance!

Hi, There's a knack to moving the seat forwards and back, and it gets easier each time.

Mattress-wise, people have their own preferences. Duvalay is one option, much cheaper that the Brandrup IXtend. (we have both) other options are avaliable including blow up options etc :)

That is just to make the rear shelf level with the bed I believe. Maybe someone with a T6 can confirm. On a T6.1 its not necessary.

a single mattress topper from home would probably fit. worth a try before you start spending ££ :)

Oh! I think when I watched videos there was a whole mattress that folded out onto the seat part!? So I’m guessing that’s an upgrade!
Yes, you are referring to the infamous optional VW Uncomfort mattress. I sold mine and got a Calibed Prestige III folding mattress and what a transformation.

Yes, you are referring to the infamous optional VW Uncomfort mattress. I sold mine and got a Calibed Prestige III folding mattress and what a transformation.
Oh wow! I can’t believe you only get that bit!!
Ok will be sleeping upstairs for the foreseeable then haha

Yup. You have no uncomfort mattress. To be fair, for the odd night, I’ve been ok with just this or up in the top. When you were used to sleeping in a maggot sleeping back in the back of a 4 Tonner, these are no issue.

My wife does not agree so we have a Duvalay and a Sea 2 Summit and we either use them separately or together, on top of the uncomfort or the top matteress. The Duvalay a pain to carry so when travelling we move the bench seat forward and put behind there. The S2S great, but a bit of a faff to deflate.

I saved a search on eBay and kept my eye out for a Brandrup iXtend or the Calibed Prestige III mentioned above.

They do the same as the VW mattress and concertina onto the bed extension/rear shelf. VW mattress is indeed an acquired taste (unfathomably uncomfortable).

I eventually bought a Brandrup off of someone in here. It’s perfect.

I would suggest getting a self-inflating mattress as a placeholder. Sea to Summit is a popular choice. I bought an Outdoor Revolution Rock n’ Roll 120 as it was cheaper and better reviewed.

Our Dealer included the "UN"Comfort mattress - and I'm yet to find out how uncomfortable it is :oops:
He said they should all come with them as standard. Shame they couldn't get the rest of the extras sorted in time!!

I saved a search on eBay and kept my eye out for a Brandrup iXtend or the Calibed Prestige III mentioned above.

They do the same as the VW mattress and concertina onto the bed extension/rear shelf. VW mattress is indeed an acquired taste (unfathomably uncomfortable).

I eventually bought a Brandrup off of someone in here. It’s perfect.

I would suggest getting a self-inflating mattress as a placeholder. Sea to Summit is a popular choice. I bought an Outdoor Revolution Rock n’ Roll 120 as it was cheaper and better reviewed.
Thanks for your help… I think I’m going to play around with mattress toppers etc for now!

Yup. You have no uncomfort mattress. To be fair, for the odd night, I’ve been ok with just this or up in the top. When you were used to sleeping in a maggot sleeping back in the back of a 4 Tonner, these are no issue.

My wife does not agree so we have a Duvalay and a Sea 2 Summit and we either use them separately or together, on top of the uncomfort or the top matteress. The Duvalay a pain to carry so when travelling we move the bench seat forward and put behind there. The S2S great, but a bit of a faff to deflate.
Thanks for you reply .. much appreciated

Thanks for your help… I think I’m going to play around with mattress toppers etc for now!
Bear in mind with just a mattress topper or Duvalay on the seats they will not cover and hide the lumps, bumps and seatbelt holes. The comfort mattress can be complex to get along with, but they do smooth the seats.

In the pop top its all good - mattress topper or Duvalay on the top mattress will be better.

Ok, one more point to note - the shelf at the rear has two positions - one low and the other high. In the high position, you only need a thin mattress, in the low position, you need a thicker one.

See what position the shelf is at.

The VW mattress takes up too much space, so we just use a Duvalay and it rolls up pretty small leaving space for other things.

See pic for high and low positions. All four ends similar.

aebf2e4b77bd7ebf7194fcba91b45bed.jpg

Back