Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Small double mattress topper or two single self-inflating airbeds for the lower bed in an Ocean?

DG1

DG1

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Having tried out sleeping for the first time on the lower bed in our Ocean with a VW "comfort" mattress, I have found the bed too hard for my liking, giving me aching arms and lower back. The upstairs bed is fine, though.

From reading previous posts, there seem to be two possible solutions for downstairs- a mattress topper or a self-inflating airbed on top of the comfort mattress. I was wondering what solution other people prefer when they have tried both?

Toppers from Dunelm have been mentioned previously. In small double bed size, Dunelm have a Dorma Full Forever Mattress Topper, or at around half the price a Fogarty Superfull Mattress Topper (not sure which would be best). I have had a look around and two single self-inflating airbeds side by side seem another possible solution that would mimimise us disturbing each other when we move, though possibly at the expense of less airflow and more perspiration.

Choices, choices...

The VW mattress topper is useless and I don't know why its specc-ed but personal choice. Inflatable mattresses would bug me every time I had to inflate them like every night.
We used the Duvalay https://www.duvalay.co.uk/ shaped memory foam topper its shaped to the bottom bed cut out, either 25mm or 50mm Gold standard is the best I think from memory.
There was one for sale on this site last week hardly used. you just roll it up in the morning and store behind the rear seat. I used to put straps on but soon dispensed with that and just rolled it out and back for use.

• Thanks
Reactions: DG1
The VW mattress topper is useless and I don't know why its specc-ed but personal choice. Inflatable mattresses would bug me every time I had to inflate them like every night.
We used the Duvalay https://www.duvalay.co.uk/ shaped memory foam topper its shaped to the bottom bed cut out, either 25mm or 50mm Gold standard is the best I think from memory.
There was one for sale on this site last week hardly used. you just roll it up in the morning and store behind the rear seat. I used to put straps on but soon dispensed with that and just rolled it out and back for use.

Also depends on the inflatable mattress material, it can cause dampness under it in the morning.

• Thanks
Zone sleep topper uostairs (with Comfortz thinner mattress underneath so can leave both in place) and downstairs. Not cheap but worth it for a good night’s sleep.

• Thanks
After reading what people say about the Duvalay and Zonesleep toppers, I have just ordered a Zonesleep from the Everything California shop for on top of the comfort mattress downstairs in our Ocean.

The decider was comments about the foam in the Duvalay making people too hot in warm weather. I also found it confusing having to choose between a number of foam types and thicknesses in the Duvalay toppers; the more expensive foam options took the price up to close to the Zonesleep.

After reading what people say about the Duvalay and Zonesleep toppers, I have just ordered a Zonesleep from the Everything California shop for on top of the comfort mattress downstairs in our Ocean.

The decider was comments about the foam in the Duvalay making people too hot in warm weather. I also found it confusing having to choose between a number of foam types and thicknesses in the Duvalay toppers; the more expensive foam options took the price up to close to the Zonesleep.

Are the Zonesleep shaped for the Cali. Never had a problem with the heat issue ?

Back