Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Draining water tank

Hantshog

Hantshog

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
We used our van for the first time this weekend. Prior to the trip I used the purification powder from the club shop. About 6 teaspoons diluted into the tank. I then flushed it twice, filled up with fresh water from kitchen and off we went. Arrived onsite and made the inaugural cup of tea only to spit it out straight away. Assumed I hadn't run the tap line out enough so ran tap for two mins and made another cup. 2nd cup, same reaction. Serious problem now as tea bag reserve was diminishing (we only brought what we needed). We waited until morning and I bought a bottle of spring water and finally a perfect tasting cup of tea!
What I would like to know is, did I use too much purification powder (I followed the instructions) and how many times should I flush the tank before its good to drink?
Lastly I noticed when I flushed the fresh water tank the water seemed to come out everywhere along the back of the van. There did not apear to be a drain pipe like you have on the waste water tank. Have I a tube missing?

Can't help re the purification, I don't use my tank for drinking water.
There's nothing wrong with the drain, it's a feature! It would be better if there was a visible outlet hose but sadly not.

We used our van for the first time this weekend. Prior to the trip I used the purification powder from the club shop. About 6 teaspoons diluted into the tank. I then flushed it twice, filled up with fresh water from kitchen and off we went. Arrived onsite and made the inaugural cup of tea only to spit it out straight away. Assumed I hadn't run the tap line out enough so ran tap for two mins and made another cup. 2nd cup, same reaction. Serious problem now as tea bag reserve was diminishing (we only brought what we needed). We waited until morning and I bought a bottle of spring water and finally a perfect tasting cup of tea!
What I would like to know is, did I use too much purification powder (I followed the instructions) and how many times should I flush the tank before its good to drink?
Lastly I noticed when I flushed the fresh water tank the water seemed to come out everywhere along the back of the van. There did not apear to be a drain pipe like you have on the waste water tank. Have I a tube missing?
The water tank drain is a bit random, no identifiable drain pipe, personally I run it out through the waste tank drain using the tap/pump. This ensures the waste tank is clean and it does have a pipe just in front of the nearside rear wheel that can be used to drain to bucket or ground as you see fit. At least three fill and empty cycles needed after treatment at least to ensure the taste is halfway decent IMO.

I have just cleaned my water tank, I used Milton tablets, after the treatment I flushed it five times to remove all traces of the taste of milton. The drain outlet seems to come out behind the bumper and water then runs out along the back of the bumper.

There is a drain hole from the water tank, but it drains out onto the rear underbody plastic shield, so where it falls to ground is random, but at least it protects the drain. It's only fresh water after all.
As far as what use for cleaning, I just use Milton liquid once a year, flush x 2 afterwards and use. In between I use https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00X1FZHTU/?tag=eliteelect-21

The other issue re the fresh water is what you used to fill it I once used a standard new garden hose and it tainted the water.

An update. I half filled and flushed 3 times. On the last ocassion I left it in the tank for aday to slosh around. Tonight I drained and refilled with 2 gallons of fresh water from the kitchen tap and at last the water from the van tap tastes the same as the water from the kitchen. What a palaver. Won't purify the tank again in a hurry. I was just concerned about the drain dumping water along the inside of the bumper. If its all plastic then great. but some was trickling over the tow bar mount. The van is a week old, so careful about everything I do in it. This time next year I probably won't care less.

I just used Milton, filled up at the dealer, drained at home and refilled. Tasted fine?

Glad you mentioned the random draining, I forgot to ask about that.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

An update. I half filled and flushed 3 times. On the last ocassion I left it in the tank for aday to slosh around. Tonight I drained and refilled with 2 gallons of fresh water from the kitchen tap and at last the water from the van tap tastes the same as the water from the kitchen. What a palaver. Won't purify the tank again in a hurry. I was just concerned about the drain dumping water along the inside of the bumper. If its all plastic then great. but some was trickling over the tow bar mount. The van is a week old, so careful about everything I do in it. This time next year I probably won't care less.
Glad you got it sorted. But don't worry about the drainage, it's only water you'll get a lot worse thrown up underneath if you drive in the rain, and a lot more of it.:thumb

I have heard people using tablets for cleaning fake teeth. Those tablets they put in a glas water and leave the fake teeth in overnight .....no taste as it is completely harmless , desinfecs , and cheap ....

See in this pictures how the water drains from under a T5 and T6 Cali SE/Ocean/Coast

Wastewatertank , opening the valve in the bottem of the left lower kitchenwardrobe under the coocker.
Should result in this....
Just in front of the rear left wheel.
IMG_5487.JPG

Freshwatertank , opening the valve next to the gasbotlleholder in the rear wardrobe acces via the booth.
Taking of the fillercap helps to drain easyer as more air can get in from above!
Results in this ....just behind the rear left wheel
IMG_5488.JPG

I cut hole in under tray below fresh tank drain & wedged a funnel to catch water & drain away without going everywhere. Works well.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back