Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fresh water tank showing 0% on screen when tank full

fitiwizz

fitiwizz

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello,

As said in the title, we arrived at camping yesterday night will full fresh water tank, showing 100% on screen, we were able to use sink, toilets, etc.
This morning we used one time the toilet, flushed successfully, and then we weren't able to use the water in sink anymore, no water coming, and screen showing 0%.
We tried to refill but it looks the tank is full as water is coming out while refilling.

Does the water pump does not start if the water gauge is at 0% ?
How can we use water again?

Thanks a lot

I really have no experience with the GC but as a starting point (and in the absence of any better ideas) you might check the fuses.

Hello,

As said in the title, we arrived at camping yesterday night will full fresh water tank, showing 100% on screen, we were able to use sink, toilets, etc.
This morning we used one time the toilet, flushed successfully, and then we weren't able to use the water in sink anymore, no water coming, and screen showing 0%.
We tried to refill but it looks the tank is full as water is coming out while refilling.

Thanks a lot
If you definitely have water in the tank might need to do a reset. Could try the red switch off and on in the electrical cupboard first. If that doesn’t work then you’ll need to pull the magical blue plug out from under the passenger side dashboard.
Try red switch first then if required I’ll explain the blue plug trick next.

Hello,

Thanks a lot
If there is no water in the tank, the pump will not run. The system needs to know if there is water in the tank, so if the screen shows 0%, then that could well be the issue.
As Chris says, try doing a system reset, and with luck things will come back to life, fingers crossed!

Hello,

Thanks a lot
Your profile says: still looking to buy, please update So we can see what kind ofcali you talk about.

Thank you all for the replies. I tried the reset with red switch but it did not solve the problem.
@Roger Boeken sorry I didn't say it was a GC600. It was a 3 days test, courtesy of our VW dealer, so we can decide if we buy it or not.
We are back now, and still no water goes out (pump don't run), we had the dealer by phone 3 times a day so they can try to help us but nothing to do. We give back the GC Monday so they can check what's wrong. The VW technician I had at phone thinks about a broken sensor, but that's weird for a 5000km vehicle.
I didn't go deep in the electrical stuff to try to solve the problem as the vehicle is not mine, I did not want to put a tool in here, make a mistake, and loose our 2k€ deposit

Thank you all for your help.

Back