Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drive Away Kits.

Is there a similat 'kit' to go on the 'other' side of the Cali?
We have the kit to mount awnings on the channel inside the wind-out awning.
It would be useful to be able to mount sun shades on the kitchen side to provide shade in the summer (we have a Thule sun blocker). The channel looks line it would need an 8mm - 4mm kador or similar?

Morning,

Yes, The twin drive-away kit fits into the channel on the other side putting both the 6mm and the 4mm in making 10mm which fits perfectly. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/kampa-driveaway-awning-kit-6mm-to-6mm-3-metres .

Regards
Campervanbits
Great - thanks both.
I have done that once or twice but it was a bit of a struggle to force it in.
Plus the kador felt like it was about to or fray on the sharp edges of the channel, so wondered if there was a more bespoke option.

Great - thanks both.
I have done that once or twice but it was a bit of a struggle to force it in.
Plus the kador felt like it was about to or fray on the sharp edges of the channel, so wondered if there was a more bespoke option.
There is. But I’ve not tried it, and from feedback on this forum it’s worse! There’s a VW rubber strip you can thread in to give a normal kador groove. Most, from my memory, have previously said its an expensive solution that doesn’t work that well.

There is. But I’ve not tried it, and from feedback on this forum it’s worse! There’s a VW rubber strip you can thread in to give a normal kador groove. Most, from my memory, have previously said its an expensive solution that doesn’t work that well.
Ah. Thanks. It will only be an occasional requirement, so I don't like the sound of anything 'expensive'!