Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driving to Sweden and Finland - How much Alcohol can I take

Poodlehat2222

Poodlehat2222

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
I am driving to Sweden and possibly around to Finland in a few weeks. I'm trying to keeps costs down, so am planning on taking a fair few basic food items. But, I seem to be going around in circles trying to figure out how much alcohol I can take. I'm not talking huge amouts, but was thinking a couple of bottles of whiskey and a few boxes of wine.

If travelling from outside the EU limits apply, with tax payable if limits exceeded.
If travelling within the EU no real limits as long as for personal use.

I will be arriving from Denmark, so within EU, but with UK alcohol, so not sure what rule applies.
Does anyone have any recent experience of arriving in Sweden via the Malmo bridge? Were you stopped and checked?

Or am I overthinking this?

I am driving to Sweden and possibly around to Finland in a few weeks. I'm trying to keeps costs down, so am planning on taking a fair few basic food items. But, I seem to be going around in circles trying to figure out how much alcohol I can take. I'm not talking huge amouts, but was thinking a couple of bottles of whiskey and a few boxes of wine.

If travelling from outside the EU limits apply, with tax payable if limits exceeded.
If travelling within the EU no real limits as long as for personal use.

I will be arriving from Denmark, so within EU, but with UK alcohol, so not sure what rule applies.
Does anyone have any recent experience of arriving in Sweden via the Malmo bridge? Were you stopped and checked?

Or am I overthinking this?
Never been stopped on the Malmo Bridge or elsewhere for checks on amount of alcohol carried.

Yeah, I would say you're indeed overthinking it. Last time I looked into this I was surprised at how much you could bring per person. More then I'd ever have the need for. But most important, we have never been checked/searched in a lifetime of visiting Norway (and Sweden).

Likewise, never been stopped Denmark, Sweden, Finland, or anywhere else for alcohol, or anything else for that matter.

I can only manage a few gins, but the Mrs can take a few more.

Thanks everyone one. Loaded up with a few boxes from Tesco

Back