Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drving me nuts interior lights.

john mar

john mar

Basil
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Can anybody help me with a problem. My 6.1 cali ocean 2021. November 1500 miles,

Rear Interior lights will not turn off when driving.

They will all go off when in camping mode.

They will go out when locking the van.

But when driving the pair above the kitchen unit and the opposite pair wont go out ,

the rest will.

Driving me nuts.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards john

Second button on the left from the four above you in de cabin?
Well, I have to say that last summer I received a courtesy vehicle from the garage for a few weeks because our ordered was not yet delivered, and we also had this problem. Solved with us with that button by -I think- pushing it out. Please note: it was from last summer and we don’t have that cali anymore so I don't remember exactly, maybe someone who actually has a T6.1 in front of his door can confirm or add info to it.

Last edited:
Thank you. But I dont understand?.
Sorry, I was a bit too fast with that first sentence, added something.

With us it was just the same light points that were on while driving. With that button I extinguished them and it was that simple (just checked with my wife, she has a better memory ;)). Hopefully this can be solved for you too.

Last edited:
ok . Thanks . They dont go out when pressed.

Hi John, is this of any use.....

Have a watch through. Chris explains them quite well.

Thank you I will watch and learn. Got an engine management light on aswell.

ok . Thanks . They dont go out when pressed.
With us it was that simple.
I am a big fan of california chris and that video explains how to use the lights thoroughly but not that issue so I thought.
Have fun trying out and exploring, I hope me too can play with it soon.

auch, from November 2021 and still that engineer warming light issue? I was hoping they got that sorted out already.

I think Iam sorted now will look at it tomorrow.
Thank you

I am a big fan of california chris and that video explains how to use the lights thoroughly but not that issue so I thought.

auch, from November 2021 and still that engineer warming light issue? I was hoping they got that sorted out already.
Yes I have turn it of

Yes my light came on about a week ago. Called out VW he turned it off and said if it drives ok dont worry any way booked into VW 22 March.

Bought A carista and it said engine fault or something like that. I pressed reset .it went off.

came back form Dorset drove lovely . Stoped at service,s . And it came on again. I think the AA bloke said add blue sensor valve fault.?

Bit off a pain ,but we love this van had aT.6 before. This has to may things to go wrong, but it's far better than my first .lol.

Hopefully the lights are okay now.
You had a T6, then you can certainly compare well. The first so bad? Just curious because many prefer the T6 over a T6.1.
Anyway: good luck!

Yes all good now.thanks. to the video.

I prefer the 6.1 for many reasons.
1.add blue last longer..even though the engine lights on.I am not sure but I believe fuel consumption seems better.
Cheaper road tax.
2. The steering is much much lighter.
3they have some how made more room in front of the passenger seat.
4. I really love the dash board.
5. All doors shut quieter.
6. I could go on.
Negative bit . More things to go wrong.some things take time to work out.
In my profile picture, my old t6 is just behind.

Can anybody help me with a problem. My 6.1 cali ocean 2021. November 1500 miles,

Rear Interior lights will not turn off when driving.

They will all go off when in camping mode.

They will go out when locking the van.

But when driving the pair above the kitchen unit and the opposite pair wont go out ,

the rest will.

Driving me nuts.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards john

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same problem in a T6.1 , kids are always playing with them but I found it was the back left as you look at the sink would kill them , the one nearest the cupboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.add blue last longer..even though the engine lights on.I am not sure but I believe fuel consumption seems better.
Cheaper road tax.
6. I could go on.
Glad you are sorted. Nobody needs a trip to the dealer that can be avoided eh?

Cheaper road tax.
6. I could go on.
I like to read this because you can compare well. Also someone who likes the new dashboard :thumb The steering among other things has to do with the completely new electronic harness that is in the T6.1 (which actually makes it a thoroughly changed transporter and not just a face lift like the T6 compared to the T5.1). Unfortunately, the installed software is not error-free and needs an update here and there. I can only hope that by the time they deliver ours, everything will be ok.
What part of the video helped you to put out the lights when driving?
Nice profile picture.

This has to be the first time I‘ve read someone saying they like the new T6.1 dashboard. I get how the the look of it is nicer/more car-like, but practicality isn’t a patch on the old comfort dash of the T6…

thank you everyone's help.

next problem.

VW assist came out .. an AA man. Engine light on 1000 on clock.

Would anyone know about this. Booked in at Beadle VW Chelmsford on 22 March.

This what was on the AA man tool...?
Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20220210-183309_Gallery.jpg

Thanks for suggesting California Chris video - interior lights now behaving!

Back