Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DSG fluid leak and VW technical product info. 2046603/5

R

Resfeber

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
So there I was looking at a puddle of fluid on the garage floor after a week away in “Bertie”
Long story short this is due to a known manufacturing fault covered by VW Technical Product Information number 2046603/5 - this covers the fault, the VW advised repair method and also states that the gearbox housing was optimised (AKA fault designed out) from week 06/2018 but my vehicle being made around or later than this time (reg. June 2018) (where can I confirm vehicle build week ?)
The repair consists of epoxy resin being used to “seal” an incorrectly engineered part into position to stop the leak (for a reasonable period of time?)
The first repair was completed in Jan 2019 and the same repair plus an oil cooler seal (for the dsg box?) has just been completed today.

Questions
Any tech advice as to how good this repair may be. Other forums suggest this may not be my last visit to deal with this?
@Loz may have advice.
Anyone followed up with VW due to harm to vehicle value and eventually running out of warranty cover or had successful redress against the dealer for goods not fit for purpose.
Any other advice/ help would be appreciated

Sounds a bit like sticking your finger in the hole to stop the dam leaking. Just had the DSG oil changed so guess our was still in there!

Sounds a bit like sticking your finger in the hole to stop the dam leaking. Just had the DSG oil changed so guess our was still in there!
One of the issues is that there is potential for significant dsg transmission fluid loss between services or diligent observation by owner of underside of engine/front wheel drive shafts or parking on a surface that reveals the fluid loss.
Dsg responds by overheating or deciding not to find the correct gear with potential harm/reduction in life of dsg.
My concerns are cost of non warranty repairs (new dsg ouch!!!) and loss in value of used Calis if this starts cropping up on dsg equipped Cali’s in any number.
Perhaps a class action by a group of affected Cali owners would focus VWs response?

Questions
Any tech advice as to how good this repair may be. Other forums suggest this may not be my last visit to deal with this?
@Loz may have advice.
Anyone followed up with VW due to harm to vehicle value and eventually running out of warranty cover or had successful redress against the dealer for goods not fit for purpose.
Any other advice/ help would be appreciated
@VW Guru is your man for this.

Some talk on the T6 forum
Doesn't clarify which years are affected...

Thank you for this info. I had seen this thread. My query was to raise the profile of this issue as it affects DSG Equipped Oceans and Beaches and the effect it may have on residual value.
Tricky issue, as if only affects a few ok but if numbers start increasing and the repair is a bit “suck it and see” would you want a used one with a “leaky” dsg?

Couldnt agree more or being prepared to get “down and dirty” so to speak with your Cali at the beginning and end of the touring year

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
Back