Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DSG GEARBOX :- reversing problems no drive then slams backward

You really need to press your brake pedal to engage the hill hold. My manual has it too, and I think it is a really good feature.
How good an automatic gearbox is for long distances and traffic jams, how less good I find it to be for more controlled work. To get up ramps or some higher curbs, I think (<--) I have more feeling with a manual.
And let's be honest. While doing highways at 100 km/h (60mph) for 300 km (200mi), I don't miss an automatic. Just press SET and let the engine do it's job.

But let's not make this a manual vs. auto thread !!

Hi @Jabberwocky an adaption drive begins with plugging in the diag machine and erasing all the learned data from your gearbox control unit (mechatronics),the test program then continues and the bite point of the clutches are learned buy the control unit. The vehicle is then taken on a test drive for about 30 minuets going through a process Of learning each gear position in the box first in tiptronic going through each gear then in 4and 6 for a period of around 10 mins then 5th and 7th for 10 mins with a engine rev range around the 2000rpm mark. until the test plan is complete and the box is shifting correctly.

In my VW Commercial Van dealership and first response to adaption drive query was a sharp in take of breath with a 'they come adapted from the factory' they all do that.

In my humble view "...they...." should not "..all do that"!
I gave up after two and half years and changed mine for a manual. I was fortunate I could, and just timed it right avoiding the T6.1 intro. Only down side is the MPG is a little lower on the manual version but if I am really honest I don't worry about that. I have a BMW Z4 and I struggle to get 34 mpg with that so a Cali at about the same is OK for me. The trouble is now that if you want a new manual Cali you can't. VW have stopped offering that as an option!

Back