Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Duxford

Martin keters

Martin keters

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hey , from Belgium . In about 4 weeks time ( 1st week july ) we take delivery of our t6 cali . We've been wanting to go to duxford for ages . Can anyone help me with good campsites nearby ? Also i would like help with campsites in or near kirmington , i have family that flew lancs with 166sqdr during ww2 . I'd love to visit the old pub there . Thank you for any help

We stopped here 2 weks ago, a bit quirky but reasonable pric, about 20 mins from Duxford

The Missing Sock Certificated Location
Newmarket Road
Stow Cum Quy
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
CB25 9AQ
Tel: 01223 812660

The Cambridge Caravan club site in Cherryhinton is on the right side of Cambridge for Duxford - I haven't stayed there, just visited relatives who did. It looks well run and quiet, but maybe a bit bland. I guess most people are out sight seeing all day.

I haven't been to the Cambridge Camping and Caravan Club site, but it is closer to Duxford.

I also know Highfield Farm campsite, outside Willingham, just North of Cambridge. Quite a reasonable site by all accounts and The Bank micro-pub in Willingham sells some of the best real and craft ales in Cambridgeshire (no food though, but you can always eat at The Duke).

Thank you mccp , i will take a look . Micro pub Now we're talking hahaha as a belgian with a taste for good beer i feel i must pop in there . We are so looking forward to getting our cali and coming over to england . Thanks once again for your help

Duxford is great, I am sure you will enjoy it. I've been a couple of times but never camped there; I will be interested to hear how you get on.

If you have time and inclination, I recently visited the RAF Museum at Cosford which was amazing was free to enter (and part EU funded... :cool:) and camped at the nearby High Onn campsite - in itself interesting as an ex-WWII airfield (no facilities though)

Duxford is great, I am sure you will enjoy it. I've been a couple of times but never camped there; I will be interested to hear how you get on.

If you have time and inclination, I recently visited the RAF Museum at Cosford which was amazing was free to enter (and part EU funded... :cool:) and camped at the nearby High Onn campsite - in itself interesting as an ex-WWII airfield (no facilities though)
Super thx

Camping & caravanning club site at Cambridge is best location and a nice place to stay. Since the built the flats around it a few years back its lost the feeling of being out in the countryside, but is still good.

Hi I copied and pasted this from a facebook page - might be an option for you ..... ive not been there so cant comment - thanks

THE PLOUGH PUB CARPARK
57 St Peters Street, Duxford, Cambridge CB22 4RP
01223 833170
contacttheduxfordplough@+++++.com
52°05'26.0"N 0°09'19.1"E
A shout out for the plough here at Duxford. A beautiful meal and they were happy for us to use the car park to sleep in.

Back