Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Early Cali... Does hook up charge engine battery?

Oldskoolcali06

Oldskoolcali06

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Flat EB this morning. Not used the van for a week so might be a battery issue. Jumped ok so I drove few errands then hooked it up. But unsure if early pre-facelift van charge up both the LBs and the EB. I have hooked up a separate charger to the 240V but will need a more permanent solution if charger doesn't do both... along with a new EB. Winters coming....

Any ideas appreciated? Bus is 2006SE.

Flat EB this morning. Not used the van for a week so might be a battery issue. Jumped ok so I drove few errands then hooked it up. But unsure if early pre-facelift van charge up both the LBs and the EB. I have hooked up a separate charger to the 240V but will need a more permanent solution if charger doesn't do both... along with a new EB. Winters coming....

Any ideas appreciated? Bus is 2006SE.

Had the same issue, charged the EB and the LB separatly (ctek 5.0 I think) and then drove for a while. LB charges only when the lightmachine (alternator?) is running. Or charge with the hookup cable.

That confirms it then. I can see no connection to the charger int eh engine bay. I will have to by a little C-Tek style charger and wire it in to the hook up so it works when connected to 240V. Planning on solar anyway so will have a look at a controller that does both the LB's and the EB...

thanks for help...

Back