Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Location of mains powered battery charger fuse

Thanks, last question ( I promise!) do you know what the white slider switch to the left of the mains socket does? Extreme left on photo

View attachment 118358
It is for when an external temperature sensor is connected. Switches sensor in/out of circuit. VW don’t fit one.

I would Definitely consider fitting the new charger to the underside of the shelf in the left cupboard, The wires are long enough, also the shelf acts as a heat sink,
But also remember the original lasted all those years fitted under the fridge, BUT it really isn’t any hassle fixing it to that shelf,
Ask as many questions as you like, after all the the point of this VERY knowledgeable forum

Big shout out to Cordwallis VW Maidenhead, they have an expert on call. I had tested the fuse on the charger and it was good so it had to be the charger. They sourced a VW replacement charger; yes it’s expensive but amortised over the last 16 years the first one lasted it’s insignificant. Being a non techie I was happy to
pay to have it VW compliant. Also they fitted the new one(under the fridge of course on an 08) without taking the fridge out!

Back