Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Early days

Larkrise

Larkrise

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
So we got the van on Friday...how lucky we feel. Here are some random notes after two days away:
  • The classic red leather seats look wonderful in the natural grey van- really pleased that we made this choice; I don't think that the retrimmer will ever do a Cali again as they really struggled with the swivel seats- but the quality of the job is fantastic
  • We had an immediate problem with the fifth seat, and had to return to the dealer two hours after we left. When we tried to remove it we (me actually!) slid it too far forward so that the locking mechanism could not be released. The dealer had to remove the front seat to remedy this...so we will be very cautious in the future.
  • We are very pleased with the QTM carpets.
  • We are struggling with suitable containers for the kitchen units and large drawer, for food etc and clothes respectively.
  • We tried Duvalays and sent them back...didn't quite suit us; so we have a single quilt to lie on and double on top; seems a simple cheap solution and it all stuffs nicely in the wardrobe cupboard.
  • We need to sort out water filling; we bought a dedicated large watering can, but lots of water dribbles back out while filling; probably need to get one of the Brandrup things unless anyone has a better idea?
  • Wish the music didn't keep timing out with the ignition cut out.
  • Lovely to be back with a DSG...what a pleasure to drive!
  • Bought the wrong size (too narrow) levelling ramps...so will have to exchange them.
Off for five days from Wednesday, can't wait!

Any pics of the interior? That leather sounds lovely (our car is grey with red leather too)!

Great interior colour :clap

We got these done by Duncan Smith Automotive (who our Peterborough VW van centre use) rather than using the VW retrimmers or Transcal that others have recommended. Price including 5th seat was £1195 plus vat but I have a feeling that they will not be doing a Cali again. Not only did they find it a tricky job because of the swivel seats but also got charged £900 by VW because they scratched the floor rails when refitting the seats and they had to be replaced!

Looking very nice. We went for factory leather and I do like it but something more individual is really cool.

Out of interest what is that button looking thing at the base of the drivers seat?

It is a light- think it must be a new thing as I don't remember it on our hire vehicle last summer.

So we got the van on Friday...how lucky we feel. Here are some random notes after two days away:
  • The classic red leather seats look wonderful in the natural grey van- really pleased that we made this choice; I don't think that the retrimmer will ever do a Cali again as they really struggled with the swivel seats- but the quality of the job is fantastic
  • We had an immediate problem with the fifth seat, and had to return to the dealer two hours after we left. When we tried to remove it we (me actually!) slid it too far forward so that the locking mechanism could not be released. The dealer had to remove the front seat to remedy this...so we will be very cautious in the future.
  • We are very pleased with the QTM carpets.
  • We are struggling with suitable containers for the kitchen units and large drawer, for food etc and clothes respectively.
  • We tried Duvalays and sent them back...didn't quite suit us; so we have a single quilt to lie on and double on top; seems a simple cheap solution and it all stuffs nicely in the wardrobe cupboard.
  • We need to sort out water filling; we bought a dedicated large watering can, but lots of water dribbles back out while filling; probably need to get one of the Brandrup things unless anyone has a better idea?
  • Wish the music didn't keep timing out with the ignition cut out.
  • Lovely to be back with a DSG...what a pleasure to drive!
  • Bought the wrong size (too narrow) levelling ramps...so will have to exchange them.
Off for five days from Wednesday, can't wait!
Interested to know which levelling ramps were too narrow? How wide are your tyres? What levelling ramp did you end-up buying? There seems to be a lot of people using Thules which are 200mm wide and yet the tyres are 235mm wide. It can't be good for the tyres.

Ours are Thule and although wider than the first set we got may still be a touch narrower than the tyres (standard supply 17''). Actually we only rarely use them....

Back