Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First outing

K

Kev56

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
So we had our first couple of nights away, went to Highlands End in Dorset. Fabulous site and a beautiful few days with the weather. It was a bit daunting at first but thankfully due to the help from this forum everything was fine. We found a nice pitch and pretty deserted, but knowing from when we booked that it was going to be full the next day. Woke up nice and early to beautiful sunshine, had breakfast and went for a walk. Came back lunch time and as expected the site was filling up. Right in front of us was parked a very large great white. Sat down and having a nice cool beer when the owner appeared, apologised and in his words “ for ruining our view “ and asked if we would like him to paint some mountains on the side. I said no thanks it’s perfect for my projector when the sun goes down. End of conversation.

So we had our first couple of nights away, went to Highlands End in Dorset. Fabulous site and a beautiful few days with the weather. It was a bit daunting at first but thankfully due to the help from this forum everything was fine. We found a nice pitch and pretty deserted, but knowing from when we booked that it was going to be full the next day. Woke up nice and early to beautiful sunshine, had breakfast and went for a walk. Came back lunch time and as expected the site was filling up. Right in front of us was parked a very large great white. Sat down and having a nice cool beer when the owner appeared, apologised and in his words “ for ruining our view “ and asked if we would like him to paint some mountains on the side. I said no thanks it’s perfect for my projector when the sun goes down. End of conversation.
Beautiful site. Been there quite a few times. Can get a bit windy though but lovely walk into West Bay along the cliff top.

Back