Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Earth Shunt Tip?

CSermanni

CSermanni

VIP Member
Hi,

I had the annoying heater not operating unless the engine was running problem, so I faced up to addressing the earth shunt fix.

I struggled to remove the fridge. It was very tight and given that I was on my own, I was unable to lift it out.
So ...
... I just raised it enough to get access to the connections that I had to alter.
See below:

shunt 4.jpg

I was fortunate in that I did not have to remove the sink and hob.
So overall, it was reasonably easy.

The blown air heating works a treat now ...

Charles

Hi,

I had the annoying heater not operating unless the engine was running problem, so I faced up to addressing the earth shunt fix.

I struggled to remove the fridge. It was very tight and given that I was on my own, I was unable to lift it out.
So ...
... I just raised it enough to get access to the connections that I had to alter.
See below:

View attachment 88331

Charles
2 x Hydraulic Jacks. Excellent.

• Haha
Reactions: LCD
Hi,

So ...
See below:

View attachment 88331

Charles
Good job, I tried doing this last week without removing the fridge by cutting a hole behind the leisure battery, I managed to access the shunt but couldn’t access the bolt on the wheel arch so I need to do what you have done. Did you use the kit from the club shop?

Good job, I tried doing this last week without removing the fridge by cutting a hole behind the leisure battery, I managed to access the shunt but couldn’t access the bolt on the wheel arch so I need to do what you have done. Did you use the kit from the club shop?
Yes, I did buy the kit from the shop.
The wheel arch bolt was the easier one to reach and there was room to get a 17mm socket on to tighten the bolt.
Thanks ...

Hi,

So ...
See below:

View attachment 88331

Charles
Hey! I love that trick man!

I've read you didn't remove the sink but, sorry about my question one year later, how did you remove the fridge screws? Any tip? Mine are under the left side under the sink.

Let's hope you are around one year later hehe..,

Thx