Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

East Switzerland Idea

JunglieD

JunglieD

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi - I’d be very grateful for any recommendations for a site to stay ~5-nights in August. We’ll be a group of 4 Californias - each with 2 adults, 2 children so after amazing views and good access to activities including bike rides, cable car to local mountain tops, perhaps a local town etc

The site before is North Italy and the site after is in Austria (see attached). We’re ideally looking for a Swiss site in the Chur region…. But you’ll see we have an alternate route we could take passing St Moritz if there’s a very suitable site there.

Thank you I’m advance for any advice or tips!
405B298D-181E-4180-922F-97AACBCE0D69.png

The only place we have stayed in that area was a campsite in Chur we stayed at last June. It was a stopover between Germany and the Swiss mountains.

it was extremely hot which didn’t help, but not a place we would go again. Quite noisy in afternoon with a cement works and motorway nearby and the area we were allocated to camp wasn’t the best, open area near restaurant and surrounded by permanent caravans/huts.

however, on plus side the site owners really friendly and helpful and the walks along side of river Rhine with our dog were great.

Camp Au Chur
+41 81 284 22 83

Hi - I’d be very grateful for any recommendations for a site to stay ~5-nights in August. We’ll be a group of 4 Californias - each with 2 adults, 2 children so after amazing views and good access to activities including bike rides, cable car to local mountain tops, perhaps a local town etc

The site before is North Italy and the site after is in Austria (see attached). We’re ideally looking for a Swiss site in the Chur region…. But you’ll see we have an alternate route we could take passing St Moritz if there’s a very suitable site there.

View attachment 104723
There is a campsite at Sempach by a lake it is quite large but good very expensive as normal in CH It might not be on your route?

There is a campsite at Sempach by a lake it is quite large but good very expensive as normal in CH It might not be on your route?
Thanks - not on this leg of the route but perhaps one we can consider on the way ‘in’ or ‘our’ if our Alps tour

View attachment 104723

Had a very happy few days in Camping Muglin Müstair, in a tiny border region that has neither French, German or Italian as its main language but Romansh. We were two adults and two toddlers and a dog.

There are mountain walks from the campsite.

Facilities are clean. Cafe on site. No swimming pool.

03c012bcc44ed87e2b7aff7df3c6f93a.jpg

Our van on the campsite

9ae6e6a197cb000f67a712438e128506.jpg

Campsite taken from up the mountain.

6cd6860f26d973d44d1e02fcd817f8f8.jpg

20m walk from the campsite

b190f8ae65bf6a49c28b000ef407e3f9.jpg

Climbing up the waterfall

Had a very happy few days in Camping Muglin Müstair, in a tiny border region that has neither French, German or Italian as its main language but Romansh. We were two adults and two toddlers and a dog.

There are mountain walks from the campsite.

Facilities are clean. Cafe on site. No swimming pool.

03c012bcc44ed87e2b7aff7df3c6f93a.jpg

Our van on the campsite

9ae6e6a197cb000f67a712438e128506.jpg

Campsite taken from up the mountain.

6cd6860f26d973d44d1e02fcd817f8f8.jpg

20m walk from the campsite

b190f8ae65bf6a49c28b000ef407e3f9.jpg

Climbing up the waterfall
Thank you - think I’m between this one and another to the West called Camping Silvaplana. The personal review is much appreciated

View attachment 104723
Switzerland has a site www.nomady.ch where farmers or locals post spaces specifically for little vans. Fantastic locations and very 'cheap' by swiss standards.

Switzerland has a site www.nomady.ch where farmers or locals post spaces specifically for little vans. Fantastic locations and very 'cheap' by swiss standards.
Wow! What a brilliant website. Just what I need to plan a little Swiss trip later in the year. Thanks.:thanks

Thank you for this website; I registered: we are going to travel the Grand Tour of Switzerland this summer.
:thanks

We stayed at a great campsite alongside the river in Rinehorn, just south of Davos. It is remote, nothing much there, but it is next to the narrow gauge railway station which takes you to Davos, free with your daily tourist tax. It’s also adjacent to the cable car. Plenty of mountain walks but bikes might be a bit challenging. We took the Fluelapass road to Italy. A slow windy route but well worth the trip.

Excellent. Thanks for this tip, because we are planning to visit this part of Europe this autumn. First up, Albania.