Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

EGR cooler T6 (2017)

EGR cooler including valve all being replaced today. T6 204bhp DSG, 2016. 25k miles.
Symptoms: coil engine magt light flashing infrequently but would reset when engine switched off/on. On long trip to Cornwall late July it started again, followed by the solid illuminated engine warning light. Limp mode NOT engaged - vehicle drove just fine. I called VW assistance out when we reached the site and he said fine to drive 5 hrs home but book it into VW soon after. Just had technician call me to say EGR unit inc cooler and valve all swapped out for new. ( I thought they might just flush it) Luckily for me I had the extended VW warranty and this covered the cost.... they did say the cost would have been in the region £1200. Unrelated to the fault, but the vehicle has had cambelt/water pump and MOT also done today.... total cost inc CaliClub discount at VW Preston dealership is £553.00. Considering myself very fortunate to be honest..... picking the vehicle up tomorrow, and thankful for great service from them once again (Cheers Keith!)
PS - just for info this is a screen grab of the fault codes picked up by the VW roadside assistance guy....IMG_5404.JPGIMG_5404.JPG

My friend had a 2016 BiTDi which drank oil by the gallons. 40,000 miles. EGR fault diagnosed. No Warranty. VW were not interested. Sold it to We Buy Any Car for £6K loss in less than a year.