Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric air heater in rear?

Mooreml1

Mooreml1

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hello folks.
I am led to believe that the rear heating system in the California ocean does not use the ducted engine air heating, rather has its own electrical heater due to the distance covered. Can anyone confirm that this is correct? And if so what battery does it use?
I was under the impression that everything rear of the bpillar used the leisure batteries but this seems unlikely if this is the case?
Just interested.....

Hello folks.
I am led to believe that the rear heating system in the California ocean does not use the ducted engine air heating, rather has its own electrical heater due to the distance covered. Can anyone confirm that this is correct? And if so what battery does it use?
I was under the impression that everything rear of the bpillar used the leisure batteries but this seems unlikely if this is the case?
Just interested.....
Incorrect I’m afraid.
There is a rear heat exchanger supplied by engine coolant, for the heating function. If you have the 3 Zone Climatronic system then you also have an AirCon heat exchanger also supplied by the engine powered AirCon compressor.
The fans in the rear heater unit are powered by the Engine Battery/ Alternator system.