Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric hook up on 2012 T5

D

dbradley55

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
My 3 pin socket has stopped working. RCDs on campsite feed and in my van are not tripped. Any ideas to save a holiday

My 3 pin socket has stopped working. RCDs on campsite feed and in my van are not tripped. Any ideas to save a holiday
Got to be a connection issue at ECU or at van socket. Have you tried a nearby ECU?

1. When on EHU do you have a Plug symbol R lower on the Control Panel ? And is the Control Panel voltage over 13.4 v?

2. If the above is NO then no power is getting to the van.

This means the Campsite connection is dead, your lead is defective or the RCD in the Campervan has failed.

Try another EHU socket.

Try another lead, that you know is working.

1. When on EHU do you have a Plug symbol R lower on the Control Panel ? And is the Control Panel voltage over 13.4 v?

This means the Campsite connection is dead, your lead is defective or the RCD in the Campervan has failed.

Try another EHU socket.

Try another EHU socket.

Thanks for your tesponse. Using your advice I have eliminated the campsite and my cables so it must be the RCD in the van. Do you know how I might source one?

Got to be a connection issue at ECU or at van socket. Have you tried a nearby ECU?
cables ok. campsite pillar ok. no symbol on display. trip button on rcd not working. must be the rcd. do you have any idea how i might source one? many thanks.

cables ok. campsite pillar ok. no symbol on display. trip button on rcd not working. must be the rcd. do you have any idea how i might source one? many thanks.
might have a loose/dropped connection. Isolate power and check cables are secure into connections. If confident to do so with hookup connected check for 230v L&N on incoming terminals.

Back