Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

electric

R.Hay

R.Hay

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
as a newbie ...what can type of electric equipment and what type of cable do i use for the connection located on the main panel just behind the passenger seat ...also can u use a double adaptor for the 12V ...as there are ones for sale but has anyone used these ?

as a newbie ...what can type of electric equipment and what type of cable do i use for the connection located on the main panel just behind the passenger seat ...also can u use a double adaptor for the 12V ...as there are ones for sale but has anyone used these ?
Hi, I presume you mean the inverter and no problem using an adapter.

One of a number of previous threads.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/silly-q-re-12v-sockets.14727/

Mike

Yes you can use a splitter to run more than one 12v device, but the total load must not exceed that of the splitter or the socket, whichever is the LOWER.
Remember this runs off the leisure battery, so you need to be aware how much power the devices will draw otherwise the battery will drain quite quickly.

I presume you're talking about the Mains Socket on the kitchen unit, and not the Inverter Socket at the base of the B Pillar behind the passenger seat.

Mains Hookup at Campsites vary from 6 amps, found on some Continental sites, to 10/12 amps or 16 amps on UK sites and some main Continental sites.
You can use Double or Triple adapters as long as the power consumption does not exceed the Amp rating of the site. Power consumption = Wattage of Appliances / 240 v.

For the 12v cigarette type socket you can use multi adapters. I have 5 sockets + 2 USB plugged in with adapters to charge 2 phones 1 an iPhone, Kindle, iPad and my in van WiFi router. The socket is fused at 20 amps and the adapters I use take about 10 amps if all in use, which is only when travelling or on Mains Hookup.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Ports-1...031203?hash=item211fc69ea3:g:c~oAAOSw44BYLryq

I presume you're talking about the Mains Socket on the kitchen unit, and not the Inverter Socket at the base of the B Pillar behind the passenger seat.

Mains Hookup at Campsites vary from 6 amps, found on some Continental sites, to 10/12 amps or 16 amps on UK sites and some main Continental sites.
You can use Double or Triple adapters as long as the power consumption does not exceed the Amp rating of the site. Power consumption = Wattage of Appliances / 240 v.

For the 12v cigarette type socket you can use multi adapters. I have 5 sockets + 2 USB plugged in with adapters to charge 2 phones 1 an iPhone, Kindle, iPad and my in van WiFi router. The socket is fused at 20 amps and the adapters I use take about 10 amps if all in use, which is only when travelling or on Mains Hookup.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Ports-1...031203?hash=item211fc69ea3:g:c~oAAOSw44BYLryq
i do mean the the inverter socket situated on the base of B pillar ? I do however understand about the multi socket..thanks

i do mean the the inverter socket situated on the base of B pillar ? I do however understand about the multi socket..thanks
Sorry, my mistake. You mentioned the socket on the Main Panel behind the passenger seat. I took that as the end of the Kitchen Unit.

150 watt Inverter, so there isn't much you can use it for. Very inefficient way to charge portable electronic equipment and also some equipment doesn't like the wave form rom produced by the Inverter. I use it for a 50watt, 7" fan or a 7watt Electric Insect Repeller.

Sorry, my mistake. You mentioned the socket on the Main Panel behind the passenger seat. I took that as the end of the Kitchen Unit.

150 watt Inverter, so there isn't much you can use it for. Very inefficient way to charge portable electronic equipment and also some equipment doesn't like the wave form rom produced by the Inverter. I use it for a 50watt, 7" fan or a 7watt Electric Insect Repeller.
thanks for your help , much appriecated x

Picked up one of the fans and do have a multi adaptor that allows me to plug into the inverter and to the three pin plug but it's not a good fit. I have one that goes to USB which is a great fit but is there one that fits well and converts to 3 pin. Probably a daft question. Obviously when on EHU will use the three pin but might need to use it off grid.

Mike

Picked up one of the fans and do have a multi adaptor that allows me to plug into the inverter and to the three pin plug but it's not a good fit. I have one that goes to USB which is a great fit but is there one that fits well and converts to 3 pin. Probably a daft question. Obviously when on EHU will use the three pin but might need to use it off grid.

Mike
I use one of these. Seems to fit OK.
IMG_0380.JPG