Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Charging a shaver using inverter socket

We have a Philips Sonicare toothbrush that charged OK via it's inductive charger in an Ocean 6.0 inverter and now in the Ocean 6.1. Also both charged the Bose Soundlink mini speaker.

Looking for some advice here.

Had a bad experience recharging an electric toothbrush using the inverter socket - two plug in chargers failed to work when used this way and subsequently failed to work when plugged in to a house socket. Browsed these forums and found others have had similar problems. I’m no electrical expert but this seemed to attributed to the ‘quality’ of the AC voltage - apparently not a true sine curve or anywhere near it. Seems the inductive charging technology used for toothbrushes is sensitive to such things.

I’m now contemplating charging a rechargeable electric shaver using its supplied cable plugged into the adaptor plugged into the inverter socket. I’m a little apprehensive given my experience with the toothbrush but appreciate the shaver does not use inductive charging.

What experience to folks on here have of recharging electric shavers this way?

Cheers!
I am confused by your inverter 'socket'. where is that? I assume after market. I have a new coast and no such thing exists.

G3WRT - I have an Ocean. It’s low down on the passenger side B pillar, behind the front passenger seat. Factory fitted as standard. Not sure about the Beach or Coast and whether an inverter is fitted as standard. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am confused by your inverter 'socket'. where is that? I assume after market. I have a new coast and no such thing exists.
Hi, on a new T6.1 ocean or coast you will find a 300w invertor socket under the drivers seat by the handbrake.

Last edited:
My toothbrush charger stopped working which was odd, I just assumed it was faulty. This is very useful info. Thanks all

I am confused is this a power point worth having ? Is there anything you can use it for at all. Surely if you are on hock up it is useable?

I am confused is this a power point worth having ? Is there anything you can use it for at all. Surely if you are on hock up it is useable?
If you are on EHU, then just use the mains socket at the end of the kitchen unit. No need to use the inverter whilst on EHU

Back