Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Elevating roof, one strut stuck in semi elevated position.

H

HazelD

Can anyone suggest why the above may have happened?
This morning after spending 2 nights with the roof elevated, last night -4C, I could not close the roof electrically. The left side strut would not move but eventually I worked out how to do it manually, but only after the strut had been manually "jiggled".
During the night the roof made a sound for about 4 seconds as though it was closing, no electrics were switched on.
Could this be to do with the sub zero temp? Any help will be gratefully received,
HazelD

Re: Elevating roof, one strut stuck in semi elevated positio

Hi hazel. The sound you probably heard was the roof resetting itself. Periodically the roof will
Raise itself automatically because over time it will drop slightly . Lets hope so anyway

Hazel

Sorry to hear of your problems, now that you have lowered the roof have you tried to raise and lower it again??

I have moved the topic to a more appropriate location.

Hi Stu
I haven't tried raising the roof again because it is raining/sleeting, I intend doing it as soon as it is dry, and I will let the forum know the outcome,
Many thanks
Hazel

Could it have got water in a joint which had then frozen :?: be intresting trying it again when warmer

HY09UMU said:
Could it have got water in a joint which had then frozen :?: be intresting trying it again when warmer

That was my first thought. Be interesting to see how it works when thawed out & dry.

Back