Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

6.1 Stuck roof - quick fix.

P

Psb

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi Everyone I live in Denmark & had a problem with my Elevating roof. It was saying it was in the intermediate position but I could neither raise or lower the roof. Tried turning the ignition on /off and numerous other things but nothing helped.
Eventually I called VW assistance & they sent a mechanic out he played away with the control panel etc but still no help, so finally he disconnected the vehicle battery in the bonnet and left it for a minute or so, re-connected the terminals and the roof worked fine - I was able to fully open it then close it.
just thought I’d pass the information on in case any one gets caught in the same situation - seems as if it’s happened to other owners. Stay safe out there !

Hi Everyone I live in Denmark & had a problem with my Elevating roof. It was saying it was in the intermediate position but I could neither raise or lower the roof. Tried turning the ignition on /off and numerous other things but nothing helped.
Eventually I called VW assistance & they sent a mechanic out he played away with the control panel etc but still no help, so finally he disconnected the vehicle battery in the bonnet and left it for a minute or so, re-connected the terminals and the roof worked fine - I was able to fully open it then close it.
just thought I’d pass the information on in case any one gets caught in the same situation - seems as if it’s happened to other owners. Stay safe out there !
That might be easier than pulling the fuses mentioned in other posts?

Basically a 'hard reset' to the electronics. 6.1 seems to be having problems in that area.

Thank you, this worked for me! I tried disconnecting the leisure battery (under the driver seat on a California 6.1) but that dis not help this time. Thanks again!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I can add that removing and connecting back the cars main battery gave a looot of warnings when the car was started again for just about every tech-system in the car (ACC, sign reader, the electric sliding door did not function and so on).

I could not use the ACC-function when driving at all for the first drive after restart. The next time I started the car all was back to normal

I can add that removing and connecting back the cars main battery gave a looot of warnings when the car was started again for just about every tech-system in the car (ACC, sign reader, the electric sliding door did not function and so on).

I could not use the ACC-function when driving at all for the first drive after restart. The next time I started the car all was back to normal

To cure that turn steering wheel to full lock left then fully right to reset the acc, parking, side assist etc.
That clears all the warnings - as taught to me by VW Assist.

Back