Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Engine management (?) light on T6

California Dreamin

California Dreamin

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Our T6 has done 1500 miles and the engine light (the one with the glow plug symbol) came on (flashing about once a second) and it went into limp mode. :(I took it to the dealer (who where really helpful). A fault was logged but their diagnostic software needed to be updated in order to be able to progress things. By the time they had done the update the fault code had gone and they could not recreate it. I am now left wondering when and where we are going to be stranded....not sure what to do. In my experience (not with VW) engine lights don't just come on for no reason and disappear. They can of course reset themselves but there must be an underlying problem mustn't there?

Make sure they have recorded your visit and the fact they couldn't diagnose because they didn't have the kit. You rightly say some reset themselves - but if it comes back, it's on record.
Alternatively, if it happens again, call VW Roadside Assist, I bet they will be able to diagnose.

That is a good suggestion, thank you. I just hope it doesn't take another 1000 miles to show again - just when we are on our summer hols.

My engine did / is doing the same. When i turned the engine off and started again it worked. I am concerned as I am bout to go on holiday. VW replaced the turbo and said that was the fault - it obviously wasn't!

Back