Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Euro to UK conversion

Z

Zeus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hey folks,

I am looking to buy an LHD (Euro version) T6 Cali. The van has been registered here in the UK already and the front light and speedometer were adjusted to meet MOT requirements. My question is: what would I have to do to say resell this car in the EU a few years down the line.

The car has LED lights in the front. Does the lamp body need to be changed or is it possible to make the beams EU compliant with some software adjustment? I guess the dashboard data can be changed to show kms instead of miles -- I am guessing that's a safe bet.

LHD en RHD have different light lenses - no idea if they can be replaced as such, without the whole lamp body...

with LED there should be a function within the onboard computer to switch the light setting for LHD or RHD, should you wish to travel from uk to Europe mainland or viceversa.

Hey folks,

I am looking to buy an LHD (Euro version) T6 Cali. The van has been registered here in the UK already and the front light and speedometer were adjusted to meet MOT requirements. My question is: what would I have to do to say resell this car in the EU a few years down the line.

The car has LED lights in the front. Does the lamp body need to be changed or is it possible to make the beams EU compliant with some software adjustment? I guess the dashboard data can be changed to show kms instead of miles -- I am guessing that's a safe bet.
On T6 I believe there is a Travel Mode function on the MFD but this is for temporary travel, holidays etc. To be registered in the EU they have to be changed to meet EU regulations.

with LED there should be a function within the onboard computer to switch the light setting for LHD or RHD, should you wish to travel from uk to Europe mainland or viceversa.
Yep, it is at least in de coding. If you have f.i. OBDeleven you can adapt the lights yourself, if you have the genuine LED headlights.

Last edited:
Did you try checking with the Importer as to what was done to make it UK compliant and could this be easily/cheaply reversed for return to the EU?

The T6.1 LED lights do not have an adjustment setting in the menu, I think they are actual LHD not the same unit reprogrammed. It should not be too diffcult for a new owner to import into Europe, I know someone importing an LHD Land Rover from UK to EU currently and its pretty straight forwards. A lot depends on local rules as they vary from country to country. Having tried to buy LHD in the UK previously, the demand is always high enough that I honestly don’t think you would have a problem selling, and anyone buying from the UK for export will know enough to not be put off by the rules.

I would say go for it, the LHD setup makes much more sense in general in Ocean trim (queue the usual barrage of replies) and if you can live with it in the UK, then I would not worry about resale, you after all are not going to be the only person thinking its a good buy. Good luck and enjoy.

Hey folks,

Back