Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Euro Tunnel overnight stop

Jay20cali

Jay20cali

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Good morning
A quick question regarding staying overnight in the Euro Tunnel car park??
When we have an early crossing we always stay at the last services on the m20..
Just wondering if anybody has stayed in the car park at the actual Tunnel crossing (Folkestone side)
Seen a few vans there early morning looking like they have slept overnight in the car park.
It would probably make life easier
Cheers

We´ve done it often on the french side, book an early crossing,
arrive the evening before and it has given us the option
to take an earlier one or keep our originally booked time.

We´ve done it often on the french side, book an early crossing,
arrive the evening before and it has given us the option
to take an earlier one or keep our originally booked time.
I have done it on the French side too but can I arrive at the uk side the night before and to go through to the services
Get some sleep and keep my original crossing??
Cheers

We are staying here the night before our early crossing http://www.thedruminn.com/camping
£20, pub with grub,showers and camping minutes from the tunnel.
I appreciate it is not free or the chunnel itself but probs more chance of a good nights sleep.
I pulled up there once, they wanted about 18 quid, i was travelling solo.I said i might
spend over 30 quid in the pub and if so could i sleep in my van on their grass for free.
Sorry sir......
So i stayed at the Warren in Folkestone with a bag of fish and chips and some booze from
sainsburys.
I do appreciate that they have a business to run but i´ve stayed at many pubs without
the extra charge.
( this is going back about 5 years )

Unfortunately we will be turning up late and leaving early the next morning
Otherwise it would be a nice stop over I’m sure ..
we just want a few hours sleep before the 10hr drive to the alps the next day

Unfortunately we will be turning up late and leaving early the next morning
Otherwise it would be a nice stop over I’m sure ..
we just want a few hours sleep before the 10hr drive to the alps the next day
You could try it. If you have to go through straight away you could just
stay on the french side.

I don’t think they allow it Uk side. Canterbury park and ride £4 for the night. 20 mins from tunnel, did it last September

I would just do it ,unlikely to get moved on as Long as you don't put up your roof and you sleep downstairs

I pulled up there once, they wanted about 18 quid, i was travelling solo.I said i might
spend over 30 quid in the pub and if so could i sleep in my van on their grass for free.
Sorry sir......
So i stayed at the Warren in Folkestone with a bag of fish and chips and some

For goodness sake ,just pay them the £20 and have a pleasant evening in the pub ,a nice meal and a safe nights sleep before your travels ?!"&£ it's their living they are not a britstop after all

Take a late train, drive to Cite Europe and sleep in the motorhome area of the car park, set off early for the snow. That's what I did two weeks ago.

Take a late train, drive to Cite Europe and sleep in the motorhome area of the car park, set off early for the snow. That's what I did two weeks ago.

Are there any toilet /washing facilities available ?

Britstop. That´s what i thought it was at first.
It wasn´t a case of being frugal.
I was alone,the pub was empty, the toilet seemed to be inside
a cobbled together plywood shed.
It just wasn´t for me at that time and at that price.
Like i said it was some time ago, it is a good location.
What are your thoughts on the camping facilities ?

I done it several times, arrived late at night, checked in and stayed overnight in the coach car park. There are usually a few other motorhomes and vans staying too. It’s great for an early start the next day, but can be a bit noisy especially with the roof up.

I done it several times, arrived late at night, checked in and stayed overnight in the coach car park. There are usually a few other motorhomes and vans staying too. It’s great for an early start the next day, but can be a bit noisy especially with the roof up.
Thanks bugsy
That’s great news
We are talking the uk side yeh??
:)

I don’t think they allow it Uk side. Canterbury park and ride £4 for the night. 20 mins from tunnel, did it last September
We did this in April 2017. Quite acceptable. Just make sure you have a portapotti with you as the loos are locked between 20.00 and 08.00...