Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Eurolites Headlamp Deflector positioning

C

Calisand

Guest User
Hi, I think I’ve established from the forum that I need headlamp deflectors for my 2018 California Ocean with standard headlamps. I’ve bought Eurolite deflectors, read the instructions, watched the videos and still can’t work out where to place them.

Any advice/photos/instructions on positioning with regard to headlamp bulb would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

What does the info sheet say? We have a 2008, so might be different, but it's normally quite simple to work out...

Check the sheet again - it's usually very simple on these if you have regular halogen lights. Pop the dipped beam on, squat down in front and line up the sticker with the corner of the beam as shown on the leaflet. I don't have a head on shot but...

IMG_7266.JPG

What does the info sheet say? We have a 2008, so might be different, but it's normally quite simple to work out...

There are 2 options it would seem. Option 1 (shown as fig 2 in their leaflet) relates to standard headlamps on Transporter 2009 onwards ans suggests positioning them at approx 7pm relative to bulb.

Option 2 (shown as fig 114 in their leaflet) relates to Projector or Xenon headlights only and suggests positioning deflectors at 3pm against Dipped Beam Projector Lens. I should know what type of headlamps I have but sadly don’t. I only know they were the standard lenses as I didn’t pay for upgrades.

Any help appreciated.

Check the sheet again - it's usually very simple on these if you have regular halogen lights. Pop the dipped beam on, squat down in front and line up the sticker with the corner of the beam as shown on the leaflet. I don't have a head on shot but...

View attachment 38080

Thanks. What position against a clock face does your photo show do you think?

Just follow the pic No.2 (and EXAMPLE 1 on top right below) on the instruction sheet. :) (presuming you have 'normal' bulbs).

2dafxv6.jpg

Ours is done as option 2, look head on at the bulb and place the sticker to the lower left...

And oh, I clean the glass first...

Ours is done as option 2, look head on at the bulb and place the sticker to the lower left...

And oh, I clean the glass first...
Same here.
Though I did get a couple of flashes as we drove through the night in France recently though.
I wound down the headlights and no problem after that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
There are 2 options it would seem. Option 1 (shown as fig 2 in their leaflet) relates to standard headlamps on Transporter 2009 onwards ans suggests positioning them at approx 7pm relative to bulb.

Option 2 (shown as fig 114 in their leaflet) relates to Projector or Xenon headlights only and suggests positioning deflectors at 3pm against Dipped Beam Projector Lens. I should know what type of headlamps I have but sadly don’t. I only know they were the standard lenses as I didn’t pay for upgrades.

Any help appreciated.
I would suggest you find out which headlights you have as it is a legal requirement to carry a Spare Bulb set in many EU countries.