Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Europe in 2021

You only have to pay for the bottles you haven't drunk yet ... :cheers
Might be a long wait to sober up before going home but you could still be done for being in charge of a vehicle whilst under the influence.

Just returned from 11 days in south of France. Can highly recommend camp du domaine site in le lavandou, near bormes les mimosas. It's open until end of September. Very hilly so you need reasonable mobility to get around the site. Toilets and other facilities were spotless. Did eurotunnel which was expensive but fairly empty. The covid restrictions and requirements are tedious to complete but very manageable if you are vaguely computer/phone capable. The testing cost us £25 out there and £80 each for the 2 day return to uk test. The campsite emptied out last weekend so spaces would be available I'm sure.

You DON't need an IDP for the EU.

View attachment 73315
You don't need a Green crad either. Just take your insurance policy.

We are off to France and Spain next week. Everything simple until you decide to come home, then it get more complicated. You have to complete an on-line Locator form, have a PCR test no more that 72 hours before travel, then another one 2 days after you are home.

Its bizarre, the UK is supposed to be the worse country in Europe, but our politicians appear to more worried about the rest of Europe. And I bet the dingy people don't have a PCR test before travelling or fill in a Locator form.

2 day PCR test just purchased for £45 each. Fraction of cost that was being quoted a few months ago.
Will do the pre return Test at a French pharmacy.

2 day PCR test just purchased for £45 each. Fraction of cost that was being quoted a few months ago.
That's what I will do.

Where did you book it? I believe Boots do it now.

You don't need a Green crad either. Just take your insurance policy.

We are off to France and Spain next week. Everything simple until you decide to come home, then it get more complicated. You have to complete an on-line Locator form, have a PCR test no more that 72 hours before travel, then another one 2 days after you are home.

Its bizarre, the UK is supposed to be the worse country in Europe, but our politicians appear to more worried about the rest of Europe. And I bet the dingy people don't have a PCR test before travelling or fill in a Locator form.
You're right, refugees should be supported and provided free healthchecks including PCR travel test

You're right, refugees should be supported and provided free healthchecks including PCR travel test
Refugees, from France? I have just paid a lot of money to go there.

Refugees, from France? I have just paid a lot of money to go there.
Yes refugees coming from far away, typically Syria, passing through France to get to the UK.

What else was meant by "dingy people" ? Claude from the Patisserie?

Yes refugees coming from far away, typically Syria, passing through France to get to the UK.

I see you are in Switzerland so dingy people and plane loads of others don't affect you, so you can afford to be flippant.

I see you are in Switzerland so dingy people and plane loads of others don't affect you, so you can afford to be flippant.
I'm amazed how many right wingers there are in the camping community

Dingy - gloomy
Dinghy - small boat

Maybe some people crossing the channel by dinghy are dingy, but brave and/or desperate is probably a better characteristic.

Dingy - gloomy
Dinghy - small boat

Maybe some people crossing the channel by dinghy are dingy, but brave and/or desperate is probably a better characteristic.
Thank you. ie spelling.

Still thinking about this comment, and still don't understand it.

Are you saying Switzerland don't let in refugees?

According to the following, this is not the case.

UNHCR

1630933322359.png

My quick analysis shows in 2020 Switzerland granted twice as many asylum applications as the UK (relative to their population size):

Total populationNumber of asylum cases grantedRelative to population
Switzerland8,680,890
11,004​
0.13%​
UK
67,081,234​
0.06%​

Last edited:
Ouch!
Besides being proud that the UK can offer refuge to desperate people, we can appreciate the contribution their lives in this country make. I'm spoilt in London, but admire anyone who manages to flourish in another country. Lucky for me it seems it's often in the restaurant trade.
https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...-just-12-now-i-have-my-own-restaurant-in-soho

I'm amazed how many right wingers there are in the camping community
there really aren’t. Just a few vocal right wing retirees on this forum with nothing better to do than scare themselves with Daily Express stories about refugees. Camping community seems pretty chilled on the whole .

Still thinking about this comment, and still don't understand it.

Are you saying Switzerland don't let in refugees?

According to the following, this is not the case.

UNHCR

View attachment 84035

My quick analysis shows in 2020 Switzerland granted twice as many asylum applications as the UK (relative to their population size):

Total populationNumber of asylum cases grantedRelative to population
Switzerland8,680,890
11,004​
0.13%​
UK
67,081,234​
0.06%​
Try relating to Population Density.

Try relating to Population Density.

If we were distributing refugees by population density we’d be shipping most Afghan refugees off to Antarctica. That might suit some people, but unlikely to be best for the hapless refugees.

Or Catalonia.
Not by your argument.
Swansea 650p/km2
Cardiff 2500
Newport 750
Barcelona 16500
L’Hospital d’Llobregat 56000

Seems to me that South Wales is a perfect place to rehome asylum seekers in terms of low population density and good amenities. Nice people too!