Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First Europe Tour

David and Bowie

David and Bowie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi, I’m planning out our first Trip to Europe in the California and would appreciate a few tips. We’ll be travelling with two kids (9&11) and a dog.
We are crossing on the Eurotunnel and have a few fixed points where we’re seeing friends, so the basic route is Calais-Lyon-Geneva-Öhringen-Calais. We have about a week to get to Lyon and plan on heading east to the north of Paris before turning south.
I’d really appreciate any recommendations on places to visit or stay. We are hoping for a mix of campsites, aires and have signed up with France passion. In the uk I’ve made good use park4night and britstop.
Also the trip will be in the second half of Europe. I’d love to keep our options flexible, but am concerned that campsites and France passion will be booked up. Am I likely to be able to make last minute bookings or just rock up, or should I book in advance?
Thank you

Hi, I’m planning out our first Trip to Europe in the California and would appreciate a few tips. We’ll be travelling with two kids (9&11) and a dog.
We are crossing on the Eurotunnel and have a few fixed points where we’re seeing friends, so the basic route is Calais-Lyon-Geneva-Öhringen-Calais. We have about a week to get to Lyon and plan on heading east to the north of Paris before turning south.
I’d really appreciate any recommendations on places to visit or stay. We are hoping for a mix of campsites, aires and have signed up with France passion. In the uk I’ve made good use park4night and britstop.
Also the trip will be in the second half of Europe. I’d love to keep our options flexible, but am concerned that campsites and France passion will be booked up. Am I likely to be able to make last minute bookings or just rock up, or should I book in advance?
Thank you
I presume you plan on travelling July/August?
If that is the case, you are travelling during U.K. school holidays, then it also during European school holidays.
So, book places you must/wish to visit. If you intend to be flexible then you should plan to be pitched up by 3pm to have the best chance of getting an unbooked pitch.
The majority of Municipal Campsites don’t take bookings, first come first serve. Basic campsites showers toilets and hookup within walking distance of town/village amenities.

Thank you, I didn’t know about the municipal campsites-good news it gives me some options to be a bit more flexible

Back