Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Experiences from Scandinavian owners?

I was referring to the Club Joker, the hardtop version, it’s based on the LWB which gives it the extra room for toilet etc
Alas, that would not fit in my parking space, and it looks less useful as a daily driver. So, not for me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

My own experience is ski trip cca -10C

1. Down heater. So hot that you can wear swimming suit.
But up it is different story. As cold as in tent.
2 no liners required. Just sleep in warmest down sleeping bag (sir Joseph made in CZ) and use beanie on your head
3 4mo is essentiall
4 4mo. Adaptive cruise control. Led lights. Heater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-10 north Scotland, brandrup inner roof liner, 4mo plus all season tyres, used inside water container, quality sleeping bags, heater on 1 for good part of night to carry condensation out, no problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down to -14 in Denmark, Sweden and Swiss, 2WD, Wintertyres, carry chains and traction treds ( never used them) and water container inside. The most important is my homemade thermo top made out of alu foil bubble insulation and it cost me around 50€ in materials. I made it so it fit under the alu roof and make it possible to carry a roof rack. This combo works perfect with the heater on and an inside temperature at around 16 degrees. No need for ekstra warm sleeping bag or anything. It is easy for one person to fit the thermo top...IMG_7529.JPG

For those of you with a roofless cali-topper, ever had any issues with snow/ice making it stick to the roof overnight? Or maybe this is just me thinking of potential (non-existing) problems compared to getting the normal one.

For those of you with a roofless cali-topper, ever had any issues with snow/ice making it stick to the roof overnight? Or maybe this is just me thinking of potential (non-existing) problems compared to getting the normal one.

Think that risk is also there with a full cover , if put on to a wet roof (or a wet topper from the night before) and freezing during the night it can stick to the roof imo.

Last edited:
Never had that problem. Going to Norway for skiing/wintercamping in a few weeks and will report back if we encounter any problems :)

Same as in ordinary camping with tent in winter or summer :)
You will develop black belt in wild land defecation.
Learn how to poo immediately when you wake up. Then you can do it in the dark, just next to the road without have to walk in deep snow. Prepare a place to take a dump in the night before. Dig a hole in the snow and enjoy the moment. Keep it simple. If you want the premium version you can dig out a complete toilet and put a smal piece of polystyrene or similar to make it comfortable. Think I have a picture somewhere if you want to se it. Look for a plowed snow for best support/strength, not a pile of snow from a snow thrower or the toilet will collapse underneath you (!). If you are not in a really remote area, then put a plastic bag in the hole and hide it, but don’t forget to bring it with you when you leave the area.
Good luck
The most detailed dump I've ever read

Back