Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No finance deals/offers from VW on new Cali's

Boops

Boops

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hello, I joined the site a month or so ago and have been passively reading all the posts and comments. I've been umming and arring about buying a cali for a long while and recently have been looking around and getting quotes from different places. I would have preferred a two/three year old old van but it seems that there is not much in it between a new one & a used one (if you can find a used one). I had an Ocean priced up on PCP finance and was just about to commit this week....and VW have pulled their offers and PCP deals.

Does anyone know if this sort of thing happens usually? is it due to new reg or is there likely to be a price increase due to higher demand? I was led to believe there is around a six month waiting list for new cali's.

Thanks.

Not sure what is going on but I had a PCP finance quote last week which stands for 30 days but unsure if it will still be available given what you are saying?!?

Yeah - we were looking at the end of August and there was a reasonable finance offer with dealer contribution, 4 years roadside, 4 years warranty and 2 services - and that looked pretty good value especially with the DrivetheDeal / ebid discounts.

However the September "offers" came out and it was just a 6.5% HP deal - which is a rubbish rate - no dealer contribution and pay extra for services.

My only thinking is that they have been incentivizing (and prioritizing the builds for the UK) for Q4 2020 - but don't want any more UK order until the trade deal is sorted out.

If you look around the forums some europeans have been given build dates in 2021 - but they look to be getting the UK orders out of the way in 2020.

Either way - looks like we missed the boat. So we will wait!

Hi....I have also been looking a a new Cali also and monitoring this forum. I also noted that the Drive Deal website discount has reduced by a £1,013 overnight also for the Ocean. The Reading Marshall's website seems to still be showing the PCP offer with 4 years roadside, 4 years warranty and 2 services, so I wonder if that means it's still available.

Hi....I have also been looking a a new Cali also and monitoring this forum. I also noted that the Drive Deal website discount has reduced by a £1,013 overnight also for the Ocean. The Reading Marshall's website seems to still be showing the PCP offer with 4 years roadside, 4 years warranty and 2 services, so I wonder if that means it's still available.

Might be worth calling Reading - but my bet will be that they forgot to update the website - or they don't know how :)

Might be worth calling Reading - but my bet will be that they forgot to update the website - or they don't know how :)
yeah - my quote was through a broker who told me the unwelcome news. apparently the dealers are waiting for vw to let them know what the new promotions/finance offers will be. but was told that the 4 years roadside, 4 years warranty and 2 services promotion is unlikely to be offered.

yeah - my quote was through a broker who told me the unwelcome news. apparently the dealers are waiting for vw to let them know what the new promotions/finance offers will be. but was told that the 4 years roadside, 4 years warranty and 2 services promotion is unlikely to be offered.
Marshall's at Reading seem to have accepted my order, matching the Drive the Deal Price and confirming the 4 years roadside, 4 years warranty and 2 services promotion on taking the finance....so fingers crossed.

Marshall's at Reading seem to have accepted my order, matching the Drive the Deal Price and confirming the 4 years roadside, 4 years warranty and 2 services promotion on taking the finance....so fingers crossed.
The offer you describe is on existing new stock as opposed to a new order though right? So there’ll be an available vehicle to buy as opposed to speccing a new build?

Seems to be a bit of a mess at the moment. We went to Liverpool yesterday and they couldn't provide us with any PCP quotes at the moment.
On the 1st September I checked the VW website and it was showing a California 6.1 PCP deal with 3 monthly payments "on us", a £1000 deposit contribution and 3.5% APR. Drive The Deal that day were showing similar - £1000 contribution, 2 services (one interim, one major) for £119, PCP + 2.9% over 18 to 48 months with 0-30% deposit, also HP 2.9% over 12 to 60 months with 50% deposit.

Sadly these deals have suddenly disappeared from both VW and DTD websites. We were pretty much ready to do the deal too, so will have to wait now....

The offer you describe is on existing new stock as opposed to a new order though right? So there’ll be an available vehicle to buy as opposed to speccing a new build?
No, this was on new build I configured for a 4motion, so not an existing stock car.

Seems to be a bit of a mess at the moment. We went to Liverpool yesterday and they couldn't provide us with any PCP quotes at the moment.
On the 1st September I checked the VW website and it was showing a California 6.1 PCP deal with 3 monthly payments "on us", a £1000 deposit contribution and 3.5% APR. Drive The Deal that day were showing similar - £1000 contribution, 2 services (one interim, one major) for £119, PCP + 2.9% over 18 to 48 months with 0-30% deposit, also HP 2.9% over 12 to 60 months with 50% deposit.

Sadly these deals have suddenly disappeared from both VW and DTD websites. We were pretty much ready to do the deal too, so will have to wait now....
I spoke to Kevin Roads over at Marshall in Reading, I just asked him if he would do a similar deal to mine for anyone else and he said to pass his details on.....so it's worth a call.

I spoke to Kevin Roads over at Marshall in Reading, I just asked him if he would do a similar deal to mine for anyone else and he said to pass his details on.....so it's worth a call.
Nice one, thanks. He could be a busy man!

Nice one, thanks. He could be a busy man!
A nice bulk order today for a couple of vans I am sure would go down a storm.... I should be on commission ;) Let us know how you get on......

hellow everyone
I don't know how you order a new california in the UK but this is how we did it (Belgium): we also simulated a few first and then we went to the VW dealer and test drive, calculate and get a decent explanation about the car, the options and the ordering. We had the former discount: the 're-start' discount valid until 31 August (2400 euro). From now on approximately, you'll get the 'back-to-work' discount: 1210 euros. In addition, you will receive extra discount (in our case an 8%) and possibly even some extra (bicycle rack, 5th seat + afterwards the devonport rims for a price) :D
If you have official VW dealers, they have the same discounts, I guess. Sadly, I don't know about APR deals.
I hope those looking to buy a new california can make a great deal :thumb I am happy with our order (placed last Monday). We look forward to May 2021.
Greetings

Back