Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended warranty on an Ex-Demo Cali

A

addison

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can add the extended warranty if you buy an ex-demo or a stock Cali please?

Thanks

I was told I could when I bought my demo, it's not yet old enough to test the theory.

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can add the extended warranty if you buy an ex-demo or a stock Cali please?

Thanks
There are 2 VW warranties, Factory extended that has to be purchased within 90 days of first registration and then VW extended warranty (Administered by Allianz) and other 3rd party (Warranty direct, warranty wise etc.) that you can tag on the end the manufacturer's warranty period.

Just read the small print very, very carefully for the 3rd party warranties. Make sure they cover ALL the camping items. I think you will be surprised at what they do not cover.

Warranty Direct etc.. Only treat the Cali as if it was a van hence the cheap price, if anything goes wrong with the roof, fridge etc.. you will have to foot the bill

Yes you can as last year i asked the same question to the dealership. Only thing to bear in mind is if you go for five years it reduces cover from 100k to 80k. I contacted VW customer care for some kind of proof of cover and was told you could not get this cover.Anyway after several calls to dealership and VW it was confirmed i did have cover. I insisted on written confirmation which i duly received, just hope they have sorted this out and make things clearer for future customers. What I found was customer care admin staff all said a different thing.

Yes you can as last year i asked the same question to the dealership. Only thing to bear in mind is if you go for five years it reduces cover from 100k to 80k. I contacted VW customer care for some kind of proof of cover and was told you could not get this cover.Anyway after several calls to dealership and VW it was confirmed i did have cover. I insisted on written confirmation which i duly received, just hope they have sorted this out and make things clearer for future customers. What I found was customer care admin staff all said a different thing.

So are you saying you can extend the VW warranty before the initial 3 yr warranty runs out?

Not sure what you mean about the 5 year thing, but there's no way i'll hit 80k anyways.

Yes at time of purchase of ex demo I managed to negotiate extended warranty from 3yrs to 5yrs FOC.
If you're thinking of purchasing its worth a try.
Other wise I think it costs around £300.

Back