Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended Warranty

M

MrsW

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Having just picked up an ex-demo T6, when I asked if I could take out an extended warranty I was told that the dealership where not FCA regulated and I should shop around nearer expiry. This seems to conflict with threads from earlier this year.

Appreciate any advice.....

If it's an ex demo then you may be outside the 3 months from registration so you may need to act quickly.

Hello all
I took out an extended 5 years warranty on my T6 Ocean, it expires in January 2024. The sliding window in the side door is broken but my local VW dealer said it would not be covered - the 5yr warranty applies only to mechanical failures. They said other components are covered only by the 3yr warranty. Is this correct??

As long as you have the Factory Extended Warranty not the Extended Warranty then no I do not believe that is correct. You should be covered for all components as originally fitted standfast wear& tear etc.
Full details of exclusions etc. are here:

And the differences between Factory Extended and Extended warranties are here:

As long as you have the Factory Extended Warranty not the Extended Warranty then no I do not believe that is correct. You should be covered for all components as originally fitted standfast wear& tear etc.

After 7 yrs I hope the OP has sorted it.

After 7 yrs I hope the OP has sorted it.
Indeed, so do I. But the response is to @Dave Wickham who posted at 1028 this morning :thumb
Hello all
I took out an extended 5 years warranty on my T6 Ocean, it expires in January 2024. The sliding window in the side door is broken but my local VW dealer said it would not be covered - the 5yr warranty applies only to mechanical failures. They said other components are covered only by the 3yr warranty. Is this correct??

Hello all
Factory extended warranty covers everything.

ask the dealer to contact VWCV to get authorisation

thanks very much

Back