Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extra little something...

Teejay

Teejay

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi all
Just wondering what little extras you got from the dealer, on collection of you new pride and joy?
Something that was not expected and not part of the spec.

Not sure if all the Lookers Newcastle customer's get the same thing but we got a nice little hamper from Ringtons. Lots of little biscuits, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and jam. Oh and the California key ring.
Completed a rather nice end to hand over.

Didn't even manage to get any cab mats out of my dealer sad to report... I did get a bin for the door though and the standard bottle of oil

Key ring, pen, travel mug and lovely California art book.. oh and some flowers for Mrs Loz :)

Last edited:
A couple of days after pickup, we got flowers with a personal note delivered. We thought it was the salesman that realized his total ignorance and absence of professionalism, a sort of repent … but then again, we doubt. The guy is beyond reach!

:Depressed

I didn't even get the full tank of fuel that was supposed to have been part of the deal & if I hadn't used the checklist I would have been missing quite a few other bits......

Nice bottle of Prosecco in the fridge :thumb

the vendor has paid somewhere in the deal for the "free" giveaway

Nothing from SMG, I asked to buy the key ring and they then did give it to us, but if I hadn't asked we wouldn't have got a thing. Only £20 worth of diesel in tank also.

Received a Cali model van from Lookers Coventry, to look at on those days we don't go out in our pride and joy.

Where i bought my Cali here in Belgium only got a good discount witch was great !

Since then i only go to the Netherlands at CCN in Amersfoort and they give me presents every time i visit them....:thumb

Actualy car dealers are not suppose to give presents , they should give you a good service with a smile! Thats already a big challenge for some..

Well, I wait with anticipation. I got the art book when I placed my order.............

Always front mats. Have never let a dealer sell me a car without chucking those in for free. Usually just ask on the day. That's when they start thinking about their feedback that you'll be giving them.

We got thermos mugs but no Cali key ring or art book. :(

Fluffy toy (North Wales VW) :)

Set of rubber floor matts for front footwells, a full tank of fuel and like @snowy55 some garbage VW supermarket trolley tokens.

VW Monster Mats, full tank of fuel and a smile. Would have been very dissappointed if we didn't get the smile :cool:

Sidebars, 18" alloys and delivery to my home address at a time to suit me eg 8pm at night. Also an unwanted present.....ie a Satnav that forever wants to go to Hertford so I don't use it! I didn't need a handover as I already knew more about it than they did but had been over it at their premises with a fine tooth comb. I then went for an hours tuition with a Cali hire company which was invaluable on a few tricks not in the handbook!

Sidebars, 18" alloys and delivery to my home address at a time to suit me eg 8pm at night. Also an unwanted present.....ie a Satnav that forever wants to go to Hertford so I don't use it! I didn't need a handover as I already knew more about it than they did but had been over it at their premises with a fine tooth comb. I then went for an hours tuition with a Cali hire company which was invaluable on a few tricks not in the handbook!
Why did they give you sidebars and 18inch alloys. Were they making up for something?

@daveyboydanger , you sure must got some treats ....buying two Cali's in one years time.....:D

@daveyboydanger , you sure must got some treats ....buying two Cali's in one years time.....:D
Haha. They've named the dealership after me!

To be fair Guy is always good at getting the price low. Got a few loyalty type discounts lumped in too!
Although I'm jealous of hampers and the like I would rather (if I had to choose) have a lower overall price than little prizes on pickup day. Ordering before June's price rise (and decembers) also proved to be a brilliant saving on its own. About 5% cheaper than people ordering toward the end of the month. Lucky.

Nice discount :happy, helpful service, then as we were completing the paperwork a 4 place dining and cutlery set.
Unfortunately they couldn't organise provide some nice weather so had to take Cali home in the rain

Back