Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extreme tailored waterproof seat covers?

L

lohr500

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I'm looking for a pair of reasonably priced/reasonably well fitting waterproof front seat covers for our new Cali.

Has anyone tried a set of these :

I contacted Extreme and they have advised they are suitable for the swivelling front seats in a T6.1 Cali.

Open to any other suggestions as well.
Thanks.

We had Inka waterproof in our old van & they were great.

Just make sure that any covers have been airbag crash tested

(...otherwise strictly speaking you should inform your insurers that you have fitted something that might interfere with factory fit safety devices, and they might revoke your insurance cover.)

We have the VW Ocean waterproof and they are really good, fine with seat airbags as well. Really pleased with them especially when we have a wet Sprocker running mad :D

Literally just fitted these this morning, they look ok. After just getting our new Ocean 2 weeks ago we've now gone and spent a few hundred pounds covering up the nice carpets and now the ArtVelours seats. Crazy really.
This is 100% why I didn’t get art velours.

I’m stuck between a full leather recover a la DKS/ Seat Surgeons or some decent covers.

Outside of Inka who else has good quality and decent choice of seat covers for ocean in colours? I know Jackyards but they don’t look for me.

Last edited:
Inka waterproof covers are great; no-frills, easy to clean and protect the underlying seat. They require the odd bit of tweaking to keep in position and the bench one has little retainer "bars" that push into the gap at the back of the seat base, I find these pop out whenever we'd had the bottom bed made up and put the seats upright again, but it's no biggie.

I was concerned the waterproof ones would be uncomfortable on long journeys, but they don't seem to be a problem so it's all good.

THanks for all the replies so far.

Those of you with the Inka waterproof covers seem happy with them.
How quickly can the front covers be fitted and removed?

The main reason I want waterproof covers is for when we are out walking or I when I am in my scruffs working on boats at the sailing club. On these occasions I can see the base seats getting dirty very easily. But for everyday driving I would be happy with no covers.

Only did this once so far, to remove the seat cover, head rest and arm covers prob. 10 mins. a seat.

THanks for all the replies so far.

The main reason I want waterproof covers is for when we are out walking or I when I am in my scruffs working on boats at the sailing club. On these occasions I can see the base seats getting dirty very easily. But for everyday driving I would be happy with no covers.

Super quick, less than 1 min per seat.

+ Wash them @30 degrees in the washing machine and they dry in no time.

We leave ours in all the time. Because they're waterproof, you can damp-cloth wipe them to get rid of any muck. They're comfy to use all the time, so unless you're particular about the appearance, I'd just leave them in situ. Each to their own of course. The seat covers themselves require the headrest to be lifted out (there are little grommets in the covers the headrest supports go through) but otherwise aren't that difficult to remove, the hardest bit is getting the little velcro retainers around the back again but if you have a helper that will be much easier. For what you describe, there'd be no need to remove the armrest or headrest covers day to day so that's a bit less effort.

I have the Turtle Covers too. Not close fitting but look good and very, very good at keeping the seats clean underneath. Easy to fit.

Had Inka before and dirt went through the seams. Think people on the T6 forum have had issues with customer service recently too.

Only do front seats for the Cali and my Up. Lovely company to deal with and based near Wrexham.

Customer service was awful from Inka last summer / autumn - maybe it’s improved, maybe it hasn’t. Not a company I’d buy from again.