Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Colourful seat covers

Cooptroop

Cooptroop

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I've been searching for car seat covers for our newly acquired Cali. I've seen the Inka and Brandrup ones, and a handful of cheaper waterproof covers on eBay and Amazon, but they are all in very neutral colours.

Are there any good fitting colourful or patterned covers on the market? Or would we need to get these custom made?

Try Jackyards, you can specify your own colour choice but obviously they are more expensive as they are bespoke in terms of colour.

I would only consider inka or brandrup imo. The jackyards ones are certainly unique, in taste as well as colour.

I would only consider inka or brandrup imo. The jackyards ones are certainly unique, in taste as well as colour.
I think we'll have to go for the dark Inkas and add some colour elsewhere. A creative worktop protector looks like a good starting point :)

Our Inka covers have just arrived so hopefully they'll be going on this evening. We've used some bright cushions to add some colour and you can do that with your kitchen bits and bobs too and we appear to be going down the red and white route.

Our Inka covers have just arrived so hopefully they'll be going on this evening. We've used some bright cushions to add some colour and you can do that with your kitchen bits and bobs too and we appear to be going down the red and white route.
I thought about red and white, but our van is "Oryx White" - which is more gold than white, so I think that might clash :eek:

I think we'll have to go for the dark Inkas and add some colour elsewhere. A creative worktop protector looks like a good starting point :)
That's the route we went. Grey and black everything so yellow protector and its started a bit of a theme.

Mike

For what it's worth I bought some inka covers and they've been on for the last 6 months. They fit well and do the job however now that we've had a hot spell I find them way too sticky. Off to Spain in a few weeks and will probably be removing the covers from the seats - unfortunate but essential I think. As for Jackyards I have been interested in these but having seen them on a vehicle at a club meet was not too impressed with the fit. They are also very expensive.

We found the Jackyards covers to not be a very good fit, they felt more like a universal seat cover, we tried to live with them but ended up selling them on, we now have the ones from California Camping which are so good they do not even look like seat covers!

I guess it is a personal thing we have had our Jackyard seat cover for over 3 year now and are happy with the fit the look and their function and I would not be with out them. I like how you can pick the colours and style your van

I personally don't use any seat covers just AutoGlym when necessary. But most marks are on the seat cushion rather than the back, so why not use some colourful car blankets or even Micro Fibre towels to cover the seat cushions. Cheaper than full covers, no airbag problems and easily washed.

As suggested above, I use a bright blue microfibre towel to go on the bench seat. A large bath size fits perfectly with plenty of tuck down by the door and kitchen cupboards. Cheap, washable and brightens up the place enormously. A 3/4 bath size covers the seat back but I never bother.

I did have inka covers but ripped them off after a couple of weeks. I don't sit on nylon covers at home so why should I in my home on wheels?

Maybe this should be merged with the other thread but just to warn people that the Jackyards covers are not tested with airbags, this is such a shame as we quite fancied these.

Back