Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Failed battery charger

S

Saff

Good morning. I own a 2015 T5.1 California SE. The battery charger has failed and whilst I did find some recommendations to replace this, those links no longer work. Can anybody suggest a replacement for the OEM battery charger (located above the rear leisure battery underneath the wardrobe).

Many thanks in advance.

Good morning. I own a 2015 T5.1 California SE. The battery charger has failed and whilst I did find some recommendations to replace this, those links no longer work. Can anybody suggest a replacement for the OEM battery charger (located above the rear leisure battery underneath the wardrobe).

Many thanks in advance.
Before replacing it have you checked the battery charger internal fuse? Charger has to be removed, fuse holder next to the Mains kettle type plug.

Failure of the charger is not that common. How do you know it has failed?

Many thanks for the rapid reply. The slow blow fuse you mention was blown so I replaced that but to no affect. I have checked the fuse under the passenger seat and also the kettle lead (tried a new one run from the kitchen side 3 pin plug … other than that, I have performed no further checks I’m afraid.

Many thanks for the rapid reply. The slow blow fuse you mention was blown so I replaced that but to no affect. I have checked the fuse under the passenger seat and also the kettle lead (tried a new one run from the kitchen side 3 pin plug … other than that, I have performed no further checks I’m afraid.
Sounds as if it has failed.
A few options.
VW
Here, tend to be cheaper than VW.

Or get an electronics company to look at it.
This company are recommended for repairing Control Panels, might be worth giving them a call. They are a Forum Trade partner.

Thank you once again for the help and advice. Much appreciated.

It's not clear from here if you actually observed 220V on the input?

Hi there. I didn’t use a multimeter but ran a new kettle lead type plug from the 3 pin plug at the end of the kitchen when on hook up, and still no joy with the charger. I assume therefore it’s not the original kettle lead as I know I get 220v from the end of the kitchen plug socket.

Hi there. I didn’t use a multimeter but ran a new kettle lead type plug from the 3 pin plug at the end of the kitchen when on hook up, and still no joy with the charger. I assume therefore it’s not the original kettle lead as I know I get 220v from the end of the kitchen plug socket.
Sounds good enough!

You might ask this guy of he can repair a smps. I forget the details of the charger but from memory I think it may perform some canbus signalling which is a complication.

But obviously check new price first.

You might ask this guy of he can repair a smps. I forget the details of the charger but from memory I think it may perform some canbus signalling which is a complication.

Many thanks for the information and tip.

£305 in 2019

Back