Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Faulty window - help!

S

Sleepytortoise

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Help! We've just done a day trip in our new to us ocean and we can't get the window fully closed on the back (the one issue the kitchen). It won't slot back into its fully closed position (ie won't push back). The one over the kitchen works fine. Anyone know a trick or how we can fix it without having to leave a draught overnight/go get someone to fix it?
Total beginners!

Help! We've just done a day trip in our new to us ocean and we can't get the window fully closed on the back (the one issue the kitchen). It won't slot back into its fully closed position (ie won't push back). The one over the kitchen works fine. Anyone know a trick or how we can fix it without having to leave a draught overnight/go get someone to fix it?
Total beginners!
Assume you are holding the window opener/handle "open" at the same time as you are trying to slide it?

I tend to do it faster with a bit more force in the closing direction, it pops out on its own. i.e. I find you can't force it outwards unless it it fully closed against the seal.

Assume you are holding the window opener/handle "open" at the same time as you are trying to slide it?
Yes. I think there's something faulty in the mechanism which means it doesn't slide that last ruby but. Think we'll need to change the latch or something.

As said by Loz hold the ‘grips’ together on the handle and slide that las inch or to with a bit more effort. I usually find I haven’t gripped the handle enough.

The long black covers above and below the latches come off easily if you prise their inner ends outwards to reveal the 2 rods that lock the window.

The long black covers above and below the latches come off easily if you prise their inner ends outwards to reveal the 2 rods that lock the window.
Many thanks. Have found a you tube video to do this v thing. Managed to get it closed for now and may just never open it again!

Many thanks. Have found a you tube video to do this v thing. Managed to get it closed for now and may just never open it again!
If you think it is faulty? under warranty take it back to dealers!!!
This an expensive vehicle after all !!
Ps
We found the same, kitchen fine opposite side now and again sticks!
but never a problem shutting (touch wood)!I a knack to it is,hold catches in together tight when shutting!

My side door window can sometimes be awkward. There is a knack and requires two hands. One on the clip and the other putting pressure of the leading edge of the window.

Back