Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Felt/foam/other to cover kitchen cupboard shelves

SFO

SFO

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Want to install padding on the shelves in the kitchen cupboards to reduce noise and vibration.

any suggestions on type of material to use? what adhesion method (preferably easily removable and which doesn't damage the shelving)?

suggestions please.

ta

Want to install padding on the shelves in the kitchen cupboards to reduce noise and vibration.

any suggestions on type of material to use? what adhesion method (preferably easily removable and which doesn't damage the shelving)?

suggestions please.

ta
I've just used anti-slip matting. No adhesive.

I've just used anti-slip matting. No adhesive.
Same here.
sounds good. which type and where to get please?
We don't have this exact one, but they're basically all the same:

Multipurpose Non-Slip Mat, 80X130CM Anti Slip Mat, PVC Rug Gripper Antislip Matting, Drawer Liners, Carpet Antislip Liner, For Home, Office, Car, Pallet, Shelf Waterproof Non-Slip Liner (80 x 130 cm) https://amzn.eu/cSZlyo4

We supply this rubber matting which works perfectly well. Really simple to install - just remove the shelves and use as a template. Note : it takes a week or two to become perfectly flat.

image.jpg

Reactions: SFO
I bought some non slip stuff, it came on a roll from a euro shop.
After about 8 yrs its knackered and falling apart, not a total disaster, it just
needs a bit of a clean up and renewing.

That black stuff above is good but a bit too industrial for me.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
https://+++++++++++++++++++++++/pro...p-protection-inlays-vw-t6-1-t6-t5-california/

I’m not sure why the link doesn’t work but you can get a set of inlays from campervantastics website.

I’m not sure why the link doesn’t work but you can get a set of inlays from campervantastics website.
Found it but £££ although very convenient

www campervantastic com/product/campervan-accessories/california-specific/brandrup-anti-slip-protection-inlays-vw-t6-1-t6-t5-california/

It removes the main website name .. by removing the "." and adding a space, the removal doesn't work

I've used anti slip matting from B&M. Comes in different colours and is just a couple of pounds a roll. Easy to cut and works well.
I've put some black matting in the base of the draw under the rear seat and some in the door pockets and on the dash.
Cheap, easy and very effective.

I bought a cheap yoga mat then made templates from paper. They are wearing really well and stop stuff sliding about.

Back