Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ferry travel

G

Gambler71

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Picked up my new VW T6 California Ocean at the end of May. I'm not going to bang on about how much of a woeful and soul destroying experience it was and my views on main dealers (please pm me for further information). I love the van.

Off to Spain next month and I am probably going to use Brittany Ferries and go Portsmouth to Santander. Their prices are barking. In practice, an someone please explain to me Brittany Ferries policy on bike racks and bikes? I have the VW T6 bike rack fitted and am taking one bike out and bringing two bikes back.

Thanks

Dave

Picked up my new VW T6 California Ocean at the end of May. I'm not going to bang on about how much of a woeful and soul destroying experience it was and my views on main dealers (please pm me for further information). I love the van.

Off to Spain next month and I am probably going to use Brittany Ferries and go Portsmouth to Santander. Their prices are barking. In practice, an someone please explain to me Brittany Ferries policy on bike racks and bikes? I have the VW T6 bike rack fitted and am taking one bike out and bringing two bikes back.

Thanks

Dave
Take wheels off put them inside for ferry £25 each way other wise

You don't have to declare how many bikes on the rack, it's the same if you have one or four. I forgot to declare a bike rack last time we used BF and nothing was said at check-in

Thanks

Dave
Doesn't matter how many bikes.
If you are booked as a Campervan/Motorhome I very much doubt if they will query a bike rack. If booked as a Large Car then possibly, if not declared at booking.

They look at total lenght of vehicle if you don't want the hassle at booking kiosks book as camper be upfront on bike rack it's funny ground this large car route

Don't forget extra height for bikes unless you do what I do

IMG_0256.JPG