Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sorry Now Sold Fiamma Awning Side Panel for F45 Awning

californiadreaming

californiadreaming

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
For sale: 1 * Fiamma Side W Pro for F45 awning

We purchased this side panel for for our California on the advice of a retailer, but when we tried it out for the first time this summer, it doesn't fit. The panel is meant for the Fiamma F45 awning, not the Thule Omnistor on our van. As a result, the side panel is as new and has never been used, and comes with everything that was included in the original packaging. Cost £150 new, but open to sensible offers.

Thanks,

Paul.

For sale: 1 * Fiamma Side W Pro for F45 awning

We purchased this side panel for for our California on the advice of a retailer, but when we tried it out for the first time this summer, it doesn't fit. The panel is meant for the Fiamma F45 awning, not the Thule Omnistor on our van. As a result, the side panel is as new and has never been used, and comes with everything that was included in the original packaging. Cost £150 new, but open to sensible offers.

Thanks,

Paul.
Have you the instructions from Fiamma for fitting it to the Thule awning?

Have you the instructions from Fiamma for fitting it to the Thule awning?
Hi Les, thanks for your message.

No, I don't have any instructions for fitting it to a Thule Omnistor awning. We got as far as realising that the panel obviously wouldn't fit the Thule awning without some adapters. I did some googling and found threads which mentioned that adapter pieces would be required for either end of the "rafter" pole and that these were "probably" available from Fiamma direct. I felt it would be easier for me to just sell this to someone who has a Fiamma F45 awning and then I'll buy a Thule panel for my awning at a later date.

Regards,

Paul.

If you check the for accessories for sale section, I have just sold a pair of these, there are photos showing how they fit on a Thule awning without needing to buy any extra bits.

Fitting a full Fiamma privacy room to a thule awning is a different matter, that uses aluminium rafters that clamp the awning fabric & does need special adapters that appear to be unavailable,

If you check the for accessories for sale section, I have just sold a pair of these, there are photos showing how they fit on a Thule awning without needing to buy any extra bits.

Fitting a full Fiamma privacy room to a thule awning is a different matter, that uses aluminium rafters that clamp the awning fabric & does need special adapters that appear to be unavailable,

OK, thanks for the info Andy, so for anyone reading this - it may be possible to fit it to a Thule awning, but I personally haven't seen it done. Take a look at Andy's post that he mentioned previously and make your own mind up. Also, just in case I misread Les's post - I do have the instructions for fitting the panel to a Fiamma F45 awning - they will obviously be provided with the panel.

Paul.

- it may be possible to fit it to a Thule awning, but I personally haven't seen it done. Take a look at Andy's post that he mentioned previously and make your own mind up.

Theres no "may" about it. The Instructions I have are titled Fiamma Side - Fiamma F45 Omnistore 5102 VW T5

They are designed specifically to fit both types of awning.

Theres no "may" about it. The Instructions I have are titled Fiamma Side - Fiamma F45 Omnistore 5102 VW T5

They are designed specifically to fit both types of awning.
Thanks Andy and Les. Les pointed out that my instruction booklet would have the Thule instructions on pages 8 & 9 - which our instructions were for some reason missing. I have now downloaded a version of the instructions which does include these pages, and I have now confirmed that it does fit my van. Not sure why our original copy didn't include these sections, but there we are. Thank you both very much for your help. I'm still intend to sell the panel and purchase a Thule Residence so I think for the sake of clarity I'll mark this item as sold and re-list it with the correct description that it does indeed fit the Thule awning. Many thanks for your help.

Paul